Lucy TV Shows/Movies on Australian TV

Wow! On Wednesday the 8th September we officially get into Season 4 of Here's Lucy! So far they have been showing the proper DVD crisp/clear version of Here's Lucy, so I will be interested to see what version they show of Season 4 seeing as though the official DVD for Season 4 has not been released yet! Will keep you updated!

p.s - Here's Lucy is shown on Channel GO (99)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be the crisp clear ones. A channel here called Oh! showed these copies of season 4 - 6 a few years back. A friend was kinda enough to send me a couple of episodes that they showed

Yeah!! I do hope so. Have you noticed though that they are cutting a bit off the episodes though? They certainly aren't showing the episodes in full.

To be honest I havent been watching these ones as I have them on DVD but have the tape set up for Series 4 :-)

Same :) I'm not gonna tape Series 4 though, they cut 2 much out of it. I'll just wait till the DVD comes along, hopefully soon! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh they are cutting out alot of the Here's Lucy episodes. I just watched "Lucy Makes A Few Extra Dollars" and when they rolled the credits they showed a scene what looked like at an amusement park that was not shown in the show! I mean it's great to be able to see these episodes for the first time but gosh I can't wait for the DVD to be released so I can see it from beginning to end without huge chunks being cut out of it!

New Channel Gem officially launches on Sept 26th but programming starts from Friday Sept 24 at midday - this programming, however, is not in any of the printed guides I saw over the weekend.

24th Sept : 11.00 Movie: Critic’s Choice (1963)

25th Sept: 8.00 Movie: Critic’s Choice (1963)

26th Sept: 10.30 Movie: Thousands Cheer (1943)

OOO I havent heard of GEM. What channel will that be on? Ive been keeping at eye on 7mate but doesnt look like thats going to be anything different to 7

Channel 90, it basically replaces HD, same as 7Mate which becomes 70 replaces HD, which is pretty annoying cause I loved watching 7 in HD!

FYI UKlucyfan:

Just two days to go until GEM takes over the 9HD signal to become Nine’s third digital channel and three days until 7mate takes over the 7HD signal to be Seven’s third digital channel.

Currently, 73 - the digital channel that 7mate will occupy - is a HD simulcast of Seven’s main channel, with an EPG that simply says “7mate coming soon…â€. 7HD continues to air on channel 70 with a full EPG that even still shows regular Seven content on the night of Sept 25 when 7mate starts. The EPG for 73 shows nothing at all from Sept 25.

If you are setting your PVR to record from 7HD on channel 70, then you will need to be aware that there is the chance it may disappear any day now. Even if you are manually trying to record off channel 73 - as it is a HD simulcast as well but has the coming soon message in its EPG - it might be a good idea to check that the simulcast has not been replaced by an advertising loop in the days leading up to the start of the new channel.

Typically, new channels start with advertising loops in the days leading up to their launch to serve the purpose as both as way for people to discover the channel and as self promotion. This was the case with ABC HD becoming ABC News 24 which caught some people off guard.

Over at Nine, the EPG for 9HD seamlessly merges into GEM programming from Midday Sept 24. GEM, instead of becoming a new digital channel simply takes over channel 90, where 9HD has been. Unfortunately, however , the EPG for channel 90 simply says “HD Simulcast†until Midday Sept 24 which means, if you want to record from it, you need to manually program your PVR. Again - best to check to make sure the HD Simulcast has not been replaced with an advertising loop. Channel 90 is still called NINE HD and probably won’t change to GEM until Friday Sept 24.

For most people, the changes will happen without any interaction with their PVRs, digital set top boxes or Tvs. If you do not have 7mate on 73 in HD for example, then you will need to rescan your tuner so it can pick up the changes.

Summary:

Channel 70 will finish some time before 12.15pm Saturday Sept 25.

Channel 73 is already in HD now, and will soon include an EPG with 7mate programming in the lead up to the September 25 start.

Channel 90 remains as NINE HD and will become GEM on Friday Sept 24 at Midday. The EPG, currently showing “HD Simulcast†shows GEM programming from Midday Friday Sept 24. You can already start putting in GEM shows to record, whereas 7mate you cannot yet.

See the first week of programming for GEM here and 7mate here.

Regional:

7mate will be able to be seen through Prime on channel 63, and 7QLD as well.

GEM will be able to be seen on channel 80 in the eastern states including Tasmania through WIN and NBN.

For both GEM and 7mate - you must have a PVR, TV or Set top box that can receive HD signals.

If you are unsure, then see if you can receive channels 1,11, 24 or 30. If you can’t or you get a message over a blank screen for example saying “HD Signal!†then time to upgrade.

For those with a HD tuner who may have deleted duplicated channels like 7 and 71 and favoured 70 as their source of Seven main programming, then you will need to rescan to pick up all of the channels again. The go through and delete the ones you don’t need.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as of next Tuesday we are already into the 5th season of Here's Lucy! Shame they cut so much out of it though, it makes watching it almost unbearable, but at least it's something to do whilst we wait for the official releases. Enjoy! xx p.s - Really enjoyed season 4, most of the episodes really made me laugh!

The Candid Camera episode has always been one of my favourite Lucy things,not so much for the show but for the Bank Robbing medoly at the end, I've taped them all of Go! but only watched that one so far. But were up to where the show takes a turn and Lucy Breaks Her Leg adds a whole new direct and dimention to the show... it only gets better from Season 5 :-) Such as shame when it aired originally in the UK they axed it after Season 3 (apprently)

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday, October 23

Channel 90 GEM: Critic's Choice 8am

Also, don't forget Here's Lucy is on during the week and also on the weekend on Channel 99 GO - Check your local guide for times. We are up to Season 5, about 1/4 of the way through.

Archived