Lucy TV Shows/Movies on Australian TV

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, shame they're on the HD channels as I dont have a HD recorder.

Either do I , I don't have a recorder full stop but it doesn't really bother me, I can't stand watching what 99 is doing to Here's Lucy so I dread to think how much 90 will cut out from Easy To Wed.

Gem too. The Nine network seems to be fast becoming our Lucy channel :-)

I don't know what paper you're looking at but there's is nothing referring to Thousands Cheer on Sunday (the same day as Easy To Wed), unless they just showed it but it wasn't in the paper.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Very unusual for Channel 31 to air anything Lucy but if you're in Melbourne then Channel 31 (44) is airing The Lucy Show The Fifth Season Monday's at 1pm. Unfortunately I missed it in last week's guide but they have obviously aired "Lucy & George Burns" as they just aired "Lucy and the submarine" last Monday. Next Monday will be "Lucy The Bean Queen" I believe this is the first time they have aired "The Lucy Show" on any Australian television! What a RARE treat!

2. We are coming up to the last week of Here's Lucy next week! Season 6 is coming to a close! Will let you know what day it finishes.

Cheers, Miki xxxxx

1. Very unusual for Channel 31 to air anything Lucy but if you're in Melbourne then Channel 31 (44) is airing The Lucy Show The Fifth Season Monday's at 1pm. Unfortunately I missed it in last week's guide but they have obviously aired "Lucy & George Burns" as they just aired "Lucy and the submarine" last Monday. Next Monday will be "Lucy The Bean Queen" I believe this is the first time they have aired "The Lucy Show" on any Australian television! What a RARE treat!

2. We are coming up to the last week of Here's Lucy next week! Season 6 is coming to a close! Will let you know what day it finishes.

Cheers, Miki xxxxx

Damn, dont think we get that channel. Oh well will just have to wait for the DVD's :-)

As of Friday we go right back to Episode 1, Season 1 of Here's Lucy! So, if you missed out on any episodes (not that you would have cause you should all have the box sets of the first 3 seasons), then now it's your chance to catch up again! :) Loving how much Lucy is on in Australia at the moment! Not only do we have Here's Lucy, but now we have The Lucy Show showing on Channel 31!

The Long Long Trailer is on on Christmas Day on Gem in the AM (I forget exactly when)

Fox Classics showed the I Love Lucy 59th and 2 month anniversay special today twice but didnt get chance to post it. (OK its was the 50th Anniversay 9 years later but it was a repeat so I guess they can get away with it)

***UPDATE***

It looks like Christmas Day is going to be a Lucy day:

GEM (ch 80) 9.45am The Long Long Trailer

TWO (ch 72) 7.15am Easy Living

TWO (ch 72) 8.45am Dance, Girl, Dance

TWO (ch 72) 10.30am The Big Street

MERRY CHRISTMAS AUSTRALIA :-)

Also not sure if this counts as a Lucy films but Hitting A New High is on on Wednesay on ABC 1 at 2.27am

***UPDATE***

It looks like Christmas Day is going to be a Lucy day:

GEM (ch 80) 9.45am The Long Long Trailer

TWO (ch 72) 7.15am Easy Living

TWO (ch 72) 8.45am Dance, Girl, Dance

TWO (ch 72) 10.30am The Big Street

MERRY CHRISTMAS AUSTRALIA :-)

Also not sure if this counts as a Lucy films but Hitting A New High is on on Wednesay on ABC 1 at 2.27am

Wow! That's great UKlucyfan! Thanks for the update but I'm pretty sure though that GEM is channel 90, not 80.

"Hitting A New High "? Was she in that??? Doesn't ring a bell! Do tell! unsure.gif

It's a Lilly Pons movie from 1937. I think its one of the ones that some people list her as being in and some dont. Cant rememebr off hand but heres a site that lists it

http://www.classicmoviemusicals.com/ball.htm

Pretty sure I have it but havent seen it for a while. Will try and check it out later

IT'S A LUCY XMAS IN AUSTRALIA!!!

7TWO: 0715: Easy Living, 0845: Dance, Girl, Dance, 1030: The Big Street

GEM: 945: The Long, Long Trailer

Also, don't forget Here's Lucy is showing everyday on GO! and The Lucy Show is showing every Monday on Ch31

Merry XMAS my Aussie friends!

Love Miki xx

Archived