Lucy TV Shows/Movies on Australian TV

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 Lucy movies this week!!!

1. 7TWO (Sat July 2 2am - Dance Girl Dance - shown on Fri 1 July page)

2. 7TWO (Mon July 4 1am - Easy Living - shown on Sun 3 July page)

3. 7TWO (Fri July 8 1:40am - Five Came Back - shown on Thurs 7 July page)

ENJOY! THREE GREAT LUCY MOVIES!!

3 Lucy movies this week!!!

1. 7TWO (Sat July 2 2am - Dance Girl Dance - shown on Fri 1 July page)

2. 7TWO (Mon July 4 1am - Easy Living - shown on Sun 3 July page)

3. 7TWO (Fri July 8 1:40am - Five Came Back - shown on Thurs 7 July page)

ENJOY! THREE GREAT LUCY MOVIES!!

Thanks Miki! I dont think Five Came Back has ever been on Aussie TV (well from what I know of!). One for the DVD recorder! :D

• 4 weeks later...

tonight tcm is showiong dubarry, long long trailer, without love and thousands cheerand repeating them throughout the day tomorrow

Shame nothing Lucy related is being shown on free to air TV, especially with all the new channels they have now! Pretty disappointing! :lucyeww:

tonight tcm is showiong dubarry, long long trailer, without love and thousands cheerand repeating them throughout the day tomorrow

Funny how all the world's various TCM incarnations are showing different material, here in Canada they are showing all her movies from 6 am Saturday morning to 6am Sunday morning.

Very disappointing!! :lucydisgust:

It's sad that there wasn't much Lucy on tv to celebrate her 100th birthday. Although us fans would have dvds of I Love Lucy and so on, so it shouldn't matter too much. We could have our own birthday celebrations. I watched Forever Darling ( I prefer The Long Long Tralier but saw it not long ago) and a few favs of I Love Lucy. They were the commercial, the Freezer, Job Switching and Lucy goes to the Hospital. Didn't have time for more. I Love Lucy is very easy to watch over and over without getting sick of it.

The Lucy related stuff on tv on Saturday would have included some Here's Lucy on the free to air channel GO while Fox Classics on pay tv had I love Lucy early in the morning while TCM had some Lucy movies. I don't know if Fox Classics has any Lucy movies but if they did they should have played them. They did have an Audrey Hepburn movie on, Funny Face which is a classic. wished there were more Lucy stuff on tv but we have most of it on dvd anyway except for the last 2 seasons of the Lucy show and Here's Lucy plus a Lucy special, Life With Lucy and whats left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now you TAKE that back, everybody knows that was a snooze fest compared to her true BEST R K O Masterpiece, The Big Street! For which she should have received an Academy Award nomination at least! :lucyblah::lucymeh::lucyhorror: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, sure. Frank Loesser really missed the boat on this one. If he had put his ducks in a row a few years earlier he could have written an 11 o'clock number for The Big Street -- (I'd Like to Get You on a) Slow Chair to Florida. :rolleyes:

Yeah, sure. Frank Loesser really missed the boat on this one. If he had put his ducks in a row a few years earlier he could have written an 11 o'clock number for The Big Street -- (I'd Like to Get You on a) Slow Chair to Florida. :rolleyes:

Sorry, your new lyrics dun't fit the notes. Unless they changed the state's name to FLOR DA!

She should have gotten a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nom for "Dance, Girl, Dance!"

What the hell is this, the Dance Girl Dance fan club meeting, you and Brock and this constant praise for that little B movie, i'll have to watch it on the weekend to see what you two are talking about, all i remember is it being BLAH! But being the author of one of the all time best Lucy books E V E R , i guess YOU would know, and the other one has been hosting the Lucy lounge for years now so he must see something in there that i missed.

What the hell is this, the Dance Girl Dance fan club meeting, you and Brock and this constant praise for that little B movie, i'll have to watch it on the weekend to see what you two are talking about, all i remember is it being BLAH! But being the author of one of the all time best Lucy books E V E R , i guess YOU would know, and the other one has been hosting the Lucy lounge for years now so he must see something in there that i missed.

I don't think it's her best movie, but she gives one of her all time best performances. With the exception of Mame, it probably shows off her talents more than any other film - she does drama, comedy, sings, and dances. She's brilliant in it.

Archived