Lucy TV Shows/Movies on Australian TV

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we have plenty of rain but with the exception of Here's Lucy we seem to be in a temporary Lucy drought ;-) Still we had quiet a run for a while there

LMAO! So true UKlucyfan! I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing! Here's hoping a Lucy movie pops up in the Green Guide on Thursday!

Well we have plenty of rain but with the exception of Here's Lucy we seem to be in a temporary Lucy drought ;-) Still we had quiet a run for a while there

David, does that mean you're not getting the TLS, HL and LB Specials DVDs released over there? Or do you have to order them "special" from US and they play okay in Aussieland?? Just curious how that works. (And as I'm sure you know, we have one more special coming (Moves to NBC), date TBA and the 4th seasons of both TLS and HL within about a month of each other, due in March. Good times! ;)

David, does that mean you're not getting the TLS, HL and LB Specials DVDs released over there? Or do you have to order them "special" from US and they play okay in Aussieland?? Just curious how that works. (And as I'm sure you know, we have one more special coming (Moves to NBC), date TBA and the 4th seasons of both TLS and HL within about a month of each other, due in March. Good times! ;)

I know they sell Here's Lucy in big stores, but not The Lucy Show ot the special releases. I buy all my stuff from eBay anyway, but they do have Australian eBay sellers that sell these DVD's. Yep, DVD players in Australia are all convertible so you can watch anything on them and they will play.

Yep thats right, I Love Lucy season 1 2 3 have only just made it onto DVD here. Still were way ahead of the UK LOL

Most DVD's players player international DVD's here there are a few that dont. However BluRay is another matter but as that isnt a Lucy thing at the moment it isnt a problem :-)

When I can afford to I order mine through Amazon.com and import them. I've kept fairly up to date so far and have my fingers crossed for the next three....

Yep thats right, I Love Lucy season 1 2 3 have only just made it onto DVD here. Still were way ahead of the UK LOL

Most DVD's players player international DVD's here there are a few that dont. However BluRay is another matter but as that isnt a Lucy thing at the moment it isnt a problem :-)

When I can afford to I order mine through Amazon.com and import them. I've kept fairly up to date so far and have my fingers crossed for the next three....

Just NOW??? But they've been out for YEARS!! :HALKING:

Have you tried looking for the COMPLETE SERIES box (which includes the hour-longs, the Very First Show (original pilot), the colorized "Scotland" episode and The ILL Movie)??? You'd certainly get more "bang for your buck" if you did!!

Whoa! Unbelieveable! :lucyeww:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's Lucy season 4 will be out in Australia on April 20 2011

http://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?method=view&releaseId=12602

Not far behind the US so it must be selling well!

The specials will most likely be released in Australia once the US gets the final special on dvd which is Lucy Moves to NBC. Most likely to see the specials later in the year.

Here's Lucy season 4 will be out in Australia on April 20 2011

http://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?method=view&releaseId=12602

Not far behind the US so it must be selling well!

The specials will most likely be released in Australia once the US gets the final special on dvd which is Lucy Moves to NBC. Most likely to see the specials later in the year.

Thanks for that info cglenn! I just usually buy mine on eBay anyway. Haven't seen any HL S4 listings yet, but it is still a month away so no doubt they will list some in the next coming weeks

• 1 month later...

"Beauty for the Asking" has been thrashed so much over the last few years on Aussie TV. I think ive seen it on at least a few times a year! But hey, im not complaining! Just wish they would play other movies too, like "The Big Street", "Stage Door" and "Dance, Girl Dance" . You never see these movies on TV. Even though ive got them all of DVD, it would be nice to switch on the TV one day and go "hey, they are playing this movie! Yay!" :lucythrill:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Long Long Trailer is on on Saturday but I forget which channel - think it was early am

I do apologise. I am usually really thorough with my tv analysis but I have been a little busy this week with other things. Yes, you are correct. TLLT is on GEM (90) Sat June 4th at 8am

Archived