Lucie Interview About Lucy on More.com

HarryCarter

I couldn't decide whether this should go on the Lucy board or the Lucie board since it deals with both of them, but I'm posting it here. Here is a lengthy interview with Lucie on the 60th anniversary of I Love Lucy and life with her parents. :)

LUCIE

One correction though, it was her dumbass dad's idea to SELL the shows to CBS to buy RKO, not her mom's idea at all, let him have all the credit for that dumbass decision!

Thanks for sharing that great interview, HC!

What a great interview. Lucie shows what her Mom was like with another great interview. I am glad that she is able to talk about her Mother now with love and candor. I hope Lucie will get some grandchildren, but Lucy herself wasn't a Grandma until she was 70.

What a great interview. Lucie shows what her Mom was like with another great interview. I am glad that she is able to talk about her Mother now with love and candor. I hope Lucie will get some grandchildren, but Lucy herself wasn't a Grandma until she was 70.

.......but Lucy herself wasn't a Grandma until she was 70.

Not AT ALL sure that number is correct, however...sorry

JK

Is she the one the family is NOT accepting asd being a true Lucy relative? Wasn't she trying to get DNA for a test to prove herself?

No, Julia and her daughter are recognized by Desi, Amy and the rest of the family.

You're thinking of another person who claims to be Lucy and Desi's long-lost granddaughter with a highly unlikely backstory. :huh:

Is she the one the family is NOT accepting asd being a true Lucy relative? Wasn't she trying to get DNA for a test to prove herself?

I believe the family has accepted that Julia is Desi Jr.'s daughter. I think you're thinking of the woman (I forget her name) who lives in Connecticut and claims that her mother was Lucy's biological daughter given up for adoption in the late 1940s. She wants a DNA test but the family has not agreed to one. I just saw another articile about her in the past month or so.

No, Julia and her daughter are recognized by Desi, Amy and the rest of the family.

You're thinking of another person who claims to be Lucy and Desi's long-lost granddaughter with a highly unlikely backstory. :huh:

Sorry for the double post, you must have posted this as I was typing! :lucyshy:

I agree, the woman who's currently clamoring for a DNA test has a highly unlikely story. But she is persistent! This story popped up in a Google Alert about a month ago.

I think you're thinking of the woman (I forget her name) who lives in Connecticut and claims that her mother was Lucy's biological daughter given up for adoption in the late 1940s. She wants a DNA test but the family has not agreed to one. I just saw another articile about her in the past month or so.

That particular woman claims her mother was both Lucy AND Desi's biological daughter which is just... :unsure:

And then, of course, there is the person that claims to be related to a set of twins Lucy had which were fathered by Ronald Reagan! :lucywow: lol

Yes, that other woman's story is BS. Why would anyone believe that Lucy gave up Desi's baby in 1947 to save her career when they were trying fervently at that time to have a child, but then kept both Lucie and Desi Jr. just a few years later? Come on, think up a better story than that, lady! :lucydisgust: LMAO. Lunatic.

Personally, I think her son looks more like Wayne Newton. Maybe she should bark up that tree?

:marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong:

Though I would like to know what "mysterious documents" pertaining to her supposed Lucy heritage are waiting for her at the post office in Illinois, and who put them there! :lucyhaha:

Though I would like to know what "mysterious documents" pertaining to her supposed Lucy heritage are waiting for her at the post office in Illinois, and who put them there! :lucyhaha:

It was probably Suzie Morton. I hear there is a chain of her across the country.

Someone needs to find pictures of Lucy from late 1946 to 1947 and see if she looks pregnant. Lucy got awfully big with both Lucie and Desi Jr. so you couldn't miss that.

Julia was on Sitcoms Online and I remember her writing to this lady, saying she was a crock and to please leave her family alone. It is maddening that these freaks come crawling out of the woodwork with their wild stories and get attention like this. It's like STFU. lol

And another thing, if this story was true, why would Lucy keep it a secret from her other 2 kids? It's not like Madeline had a different father than Lucie and Desi Jr., so why would Lucy be so ashamed that she'd keep it a secret all those years?

From what I gathered, Julia's mom was a much older model that Desi Jr. was having an affair with starting when he was about 14 (it's even in Keith Thibodeaux's book that he was having an affair with a "model old enough to be his mother."). Anyway, Julia never got to meet Lucy before she died and Lucy never knew she existed (apparently she's writing an autobiography). Julia tried tracking Desi down because she'd been told he was her father, but for reasons I never really understood, Desi Jr. kept denying her and even changed his phone number so she couldn't contact him. I guess he thought she was a loonie?? So eventually she got him to take a court-ordered DNA test in the early 1990s, it came back positive he was her dad, but she didn't really reconcile with him until just a few years ago. She was in and out of rehab for drug addiction and maybe that was the reason for the estrangement.

I have seen her pics and her daughter's pics and they are both very pretty. Look like Arnazes, that's for sure!

From what I gathered, Julia's mom was a much older model that Desi Jr. was having an affair with starting when he was about 14 (it's even in Keith Thibodeaux's book that he was having an affair with a "model old enough to be his mother."). Anyway, Julia never got to meet Lucy before she died and Lucy never knew she existed (apparently she's writing an autobiography). Julia tried tracking Desi down because she'd been told he was her father, but for reasons I never really understood, Desi Jr. kept denying her and even changed his phone number so she couldn't contact him. I guess he thought she was a loonie?? So eventually she got him to take a court-ordered DNA test in the early 1990s, it came back positive he was her dad, but she didn't really reconcile with him until just a few years ago. She was in and out of rehab for drug addiction and maybe that was the reason for the estrangement.

I have seen her pics and her daughter's pics and they are both very pretty. Look like Arnazes, that's for sure!

Oh, so when Lucy had all his stuff packed up and delivered to this woman who was old enough to be his mother on Mother's Day yet, it was maybe THIS one instead of Jeannie Martin like we all read before???

Archived