Lucie to Auction Lucy-Desi items on eBay beginning Oct. 30!

Brock

Beginning October 30, Lucie Arnaz will auction off nearly 200 Lucy and Desi related items on eBay for fans and collectors:

Information release on Sale:

We love Lucy and so do you! 2011 marks the 100th anniversary of Lucille Ball's birth, AND the 60th anniversary of the first episode of the "I LOVE LUCY" show.

We at CONNECTIBLES are delighted to work with acclaimed actress and singer Lucie Arnaz Luckinbill to celebrate these milestones. Daughter of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, Lucie has decided to offer some "never-before-released" items from her own private collection of memorabilia.

A rare and unique opportunity for LUCY & DESI fans around the world to participate in the auctions here at CONNECTIBLES and bring home the perfect find! We're especially happy that there will be items at all price levels, for the beginning OR advanced collector.

We'll be starting the auctions on October 30th, and more items will be added daily until the entire collection is available. Keep checking back to see the latest additions! Each item will come with a signed letter of authenticity from Lucie Arnaz guaranteeing provenance and signatures. Items at auction will include:

• Personal notes to and from Vivian Vance, Lucy's beloved side-kick ETHEL MERTZ.
  • Original and ONLY copy of the "lost manuscript" for Lucille Ball's autobiography LOVE LUCY, with her own handwritten comments and corrections on nearly every page.
  • Original signed sketches by her award-winning costume designer Elois Jenssen. Most include an accompanying photograph of Lucille Ball wearing the dress in the actual TV show episode.
  • Personal letters to Desi Arnaz from, among others, Norman Vincent Peale and Xavier Cougat.
  • Signatures of Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball on checks, bank cards, letters.
  • Bracelet and fur jacket owned by Lucille Ball.
  • Original rare unplayed-with condition "Little Ricky" and "I Love Lucy Baby" dolls by American Character owned by the family.

We'll be offering nearly 200 items in total; check back often for listing updates! HAPPY browsing, HAPPY bidding! And don't forget - these make the PERFECT holiday gift for your favorite fan!

AUCTION PAGE: http://stores.ebay.com/connectibles/pages/lucille-ball-100th-birthday-sale/_i.html?_mode=preview

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised, in all honesty, that the manuscript is not already at the museum. Hopefully it ends up in good hands!

With its current economic situation, I doubt the museum could even afford to bid on many of these things. It would not, however, surprise me if Ric Wyman put in a bid for some of this stuff. Given his shady history with Lucy artifacts, maybe Lucie could request a filter to keep him from bidding. :lucythrill:

I know my chances of being able to afford, let alone win, the majority of the items that will be up for auction are slim, but boy! I shouldn't have read this thread so close to bedtime last night - I was almost too excited to sleep! Not a good thin' when you have to get up at 5am for work the next day! :lucyhaha:

:lucy1: Cadillac convertible?!?! :HALKING:

I was at an auction a few years back where the Elois Jensen sketches were going up with Lucy's signature on them for final approval. It was neat to see the familiar outfits we've all seen in black and white in colour.

Final bids reach $1200 then. Can only image how much now!

I was at an auction a few years back where the Elois Jensen sketches were going up with Lucy's signature on them for final approval. It was neat to see the familiar outfits we've all seen in black and white in colour.

Should have held on to all my crap from that era, but who knew it would be worth a fortune some day.

I was at the Loving Lucy auction back in 97 in LA. Elois was there and they auctioned off a ton of these. Most exspensive was around $2500 I think. I didn't get any but I do have some photos and video of them from the auction.

Anyone who needs to be told that Vivian Vance is "Lucy's beloved side-kick ETHEL MERTZ" has no right bidding on these.

I couldn't click on the pictures at the bottom but the lower left looked suspiciously like a glamor shot of Lucie Arnaz (free with each bid over "5"?)

I would like to get the 8-page letter from Lucy to Gary if for no other reason to torture Claude with it.

I couldn't click on the pictures at the bottom but the lower left looked suspiciously like a glamor shot of Lucie Arnaz (free with each bid over "5"?)

I would like to get the 8-page letter from Lucy to Gary if for no other reason to torture Claude with it.

I couldn't get the photos to open either, but I gather the photo of Lucie is of her modelling the coat that is for sale.

As for the letter, I wonder if that is one of the items retrieved after Susie Morton-gate. :unsure:

Anyone who needs to be told that Vivian Vance is "Lucy's beloved side-kick ETHEL MERTZ" has no right bidding on these.

Reason enough! ;)

SMART ASS!

Whoa, is that a love letter from Lucy to Gary? Yuck. If anyone here wins that, don't share the details. LOL

Somebody gave me a negative rating for this post? You Gary lovers are so sensitive. Who would get their jollies reading a love letter between them? That's like walking in on your grandparents doing it. Now if it was a Lucy/Desi love letter, that's a different story. That's hawt. They were a more attractive couple together.

Sorry if that offends you Gary fans out there; not knocking the man as a person, it's just a personal opinion. So stick your minus! :lucythrill:

Somebody gave me a negative rating for this post? You Gary lovers are so sensitive. Who would get their jollies reading a love letter between them? That's like walking in on your grandparents doing it. Now if it was a Lucy/Desi love letter, that's a different story. That's hawt. They were a more attractive couple together.

Sorry if that offends you Gary fans out there; not knocking the man as a person, it's just a personal opinion. So stick your minus! :lucythrill:

Gave you a PLUS to offset that dodo bird gary defender, you are entitled to YOUR opinion, never worry about repurcussions, i don't!

Archived