Lucie to Auction Lucy-Desi items on eBay beginning Oct. 30!

Brock

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Desi's Mother's Day card was so sweet. I also love Lucy's placecard from her church wedding, so cute. I like the Gary letter too. What I could read of it was so touching. I agree, the Norman Vincent Peale letter was interesting to read. It made me sad for Desi that he was so troubled by the kids going to the wedding, but (and I can't relate) I do think Lucy's wanting the kids there was very valid. I haven't had a chance to look yet today, but anyone have a spare $10,000 to lend me for Lucy's manuscript? :lucythrill:

I haven't had a chance to look yet today, but anyone have a spare $10,000 to lend me for Lucy's manuscript? :lucythrill:

How about we each chip in a grand and share it amongst ourselves on a monthly rotating basis? :lucythrill:

I'm waiting for the Bungle Abbey script to show up, personally, before bidding on anything else.

How about we each chip in a grand and share it amongst ourselves on a monthly rotating basis? :lucythrill:

Ha! If I only had $1000 to spare! Maybe I'll finally get lucky and win powerball this week. After all, wouldn't I love to be the only girl in NY with Lucy's manuscript under her bed every other week? :lucythrill:

I would like to be able to bid on something, but I'm waiting to see what else goes up (and for the power to go back on at my house!).

In the Lucy-Desi Scrapbook book there is a replicia of the wedding placecard, handwritten name and all incase you want your own and don't want to pay as much.

Very true, I forgot about that! Good thinking. I can't wait to see what's been put up today (I'm at work and the power's out at home, ugh) but I still think Lucy's telegram to Ed Sedgwick is hysterical. I'd love to have that! Carol Burnett's note to Lucy is also very sweet.

They said they would be adding items as they went along, but it's a LOT of work to get all of those items up there with all of the photos, description....etc.

It was supposed to be one item every five minutes from 3 - 10 p.m. until they ran out. It seemed like a challenging pace when they mentioned it but things seemed to be going like clockwork yesterday.

Fascinating to say the least...what IS currently up there.

Have your eye on anything in particular yet?

Desi's Mother's Day card was so sweet. I also love Lucy's placecard from her church wedding, so cute. I like the Gary letter too. What I could read of it was so touching. I agree, the Norman Vincent Peale letter was interesting to read. It made me sad for Desi that he was so troubled by the kids going to the wedding, but (and I can't relate) I do think Lucy's wanting the kids there was very valid. I haven't had a chance to look yet today, but anyone have a spare $10,000 to lend me for Lucy's manuscript? :lucythrill:

Well, her wedding was normal, HIS was in Vegas, do you invite kids to that?

Ha! If I only had $1000 to spare! Maybe I'll finally get lucky and win powerball this week. After all, wouldn't I love to be the only girl in NY with Lucy's manuscript under her bed every other week? :lucythrill:

I would like to be able to bid on something, but I'm waiting to see what else goes up (and for the power to go back on at my house!).

MY PERSONAL, SINCERE, SYMPATHIES TO YOUR GRAVE SITUATION....

For the benefit of all of us here, just HOW do you cope in the wintertime with no heat; no power, etc. It would be a fascinating read, other than the 'stuff' you get in the newspapers and on the television - a FIRST-HAND account of day-to-day activities. AND..... how far do you have to go to use a computer????

MY PERSONAL, SINCERE, SYMPATHIES TO YOUR GRAVE SITUATION....

For the benefit of all of us here, just HOW do you cope in the wintertime with no heat; no power, etc. It would be a fascinating read, other than the 'stuff' you get in the newspapers and on the television - a FIRST-HAND account of day-to-day activities. AND..... how far do you have to go to use a computer????

Thanks so much, Joyce! This whole storm situation has been so strange. From Saturday-Sunday we got a total of (19!) inches of snow. Apart from a few light flickerings, we had power ALL weekend. Then, on Monday (yesterday) morning around 6am, the power went out and it hasn't been on since. I know we are relatively lucky, since there are 10s of thousands of people in the area who haven't had power since Saturday. The school district where my dad works has been closed the last 2 days! Needless to say, with no power, we didn't get very many trick-or-treaters last night. The school district where I work is open, since it's strangely just my neighborhood in this town that's without power. I'm actually glad to go to work - there's light and heat! Last night we had to go out to dinner and then we went over to friends' house for showers. Then we came back to our (FREEZING!) house for bed. Last night I slept with a down comforter and an alpaca blanket on top of my bed spread. :marionstrong::( For internet access, I've been using my phone and the computers at work. Today I'm going to the local library after work because I have a project due for my grad school class and I need internet access on my laptop. My dad went out and bought a kerosene heater today, but we will have to repeat last night's dinner and shower out. Power company says it hopes to have power restored to 90% of its customers by Wednesday night, and the rest by Friday night. Fingers crossed!!!

Since I have limited internet access and ebay is blocked on school computers, anything really interesting been put up since Sunday? I'm dying!!! :lucythrill:

Thanks so much, Joyce! This whole storm situation has been so strange. From Saturday-Sunday we got a total of (19!) inches of snow. Apart from a few light flickerings, we had power ALL weekend. Then, on Monday (yesterday) morning around 6am, the power went out and it hasn't been on since. I know we are relatively lucky, since there are 10s of thousands of people in the area who haven't had power since Saturday. The school district where my dad works has been closed the last 2 days! Needless to say, with no power, we didn't get very many trick-or-treaters last night. The school district where I work is open, since it's strangely just my neighborhood in this town that's without power. I'm actually glad to go to work - there's light and heat! Last night we had to go out to dinner and then we went over to friends' house for showers. Then we came back to our (FREEZING!) house for bed. Last night I slept with a down comforter and an alpaca blanket on top of my bed spread. :marionstrong::( For internet access, I've been using my phone and the computers at work. Today I'm going to the local library after work because I have a project due for my grad school class and I need internet access on my laptop. My dad went out and bought a kerosene heater today, but we will have to repeat last night's dinner and shower out. Power company says it hopes to have power restored to 90% of its customers by Wednesday night, and the rest by Friday night. Fingers crossed!!!

Since I have limited internet access and ebay is blocked on school computers, anything really interesting been put up since Sunday? I'm dying!!! :lucythrill:

I feel so bad hearing about your situation honey, hope it gets settled very soon. I went to the site yesterday to see what was available and there's nothing i would ever get, HOWEVER, the things you guys mentionned WERE interesting to say the least and it was nice to read those notes and letters especially. Why on earth they would charge the same 499 for each of her furs or jackets i will never understand unless that's just an opening bid. The mink and lynx were the obvious choices there. But who the hell wears furs anymore anyway, i mean aside from aretha.

Actually, your dilemma reminds me of the ice storm in '98.

I feel so bad hearing about your situation honey, hope it gets settled very soon. I went to the site yesterday to see what was available and there's nothing i would ever get, HOWEVER, the things you guys mentionned WERE interesting to say the least and it was nice to read those notes and letters especially. Why on earth they would charge the same 499 for each of her furs or jackets i will never understand unless that's just an opening bid. The mink and lynx were the obvious choices there. But who the hell wears furs anymore anyway, i mean aside from aretha.

Thank you so much, Claude! Thankfully, our power came on late this afternoon. HOORAY! :HALKING:

Archived