Lucy Sightings!

Brock

• 1 month later...

Ok this is a weak one but just watching season 5 of Two Broke Girls and whilst Hann is talking Max takes her phone out and starts watchibg I Love Lucy..... you hear the opening theme tune :)

That's great! Any "homage" is a good one. Do you know which episode? I'd like to look for it (but am not a regular viewer)! Thanks David. :D

Ok this is a weak one but just watching season 5 of Two Broke Girls and whilst Hann is talking Max takes her phone out and starts watchibg I Love Lucy..... you hear the opening theme tune :)

Of all the appliances Bob Hope joked you could find I Love Lucy on, I wonder if a phone was ever one of them. Still can't see it on a toaster, but by gosh it's on your phone!

That's great! Any "homage" is a good one. Do you know which episode? I'd like to look for it (but am not a regular viewer)! Thanks David. :D

I believe it was 'And the no new friends' episode. It was in the opening scene so you would have to watch the whole thing lol

Lol yeah bet it want be long fore your phone is a toaster hahahaha

I believe it was 'And the no new friends' episode. It was in the opening scene so you would have to watch the whole thing lol

Lol yeah bet it want be long fore your phone is a toaster hahahaha

Thanks! Gonna definitely look for it. I dunno....Funny, this is one of those shows that I actually enjoy watching when I catch it but don't seek it out or remember when it's on regularly...huh... And I've loved Jennifer Coolidge forever, she's the best! (Kids, if you only know her from this show, check out any/all of Christopher Guest's "mockumentaries": A Mighty Wind or Best in Show ...hilarious! :desijr: :vanda: :peachonthebeach:

Thanks David!

Thanks! Gonna definitely look for it. I dunno....Funny, this is one of those shows that I actually enjoy watching when I catch it but don't seek it out or remember when it's on regularly...huh... And I've loved Jennifer Coolidge forever, she's the best! (Kids, if you only know her from this show, check out any/all of Christopher Guest's "mockumentaries": A Mighty Wind or Best in Show ...hilarious! :desijr::vanda::peachonthebeach:

Thanks David!

Lol yeah she's great loved her in joey and she's great in this too....despite the accent :P I actually quite enjoy two broke girls. Max is great. Is there any disaster she hasn't experienced lol but thought it was cool getting a lucy reference in haha

• Like 1

Lol yeah she's great loved her in joey and she's great in this too....despite the accent :P I actually quite enjoy two broke girls. Max is great. Is there any disaster she hasn't experienced lol but thought it was cool getting a lucy reference in haha

Yup, she's pretty amazing and I agree, it's always cool IMHO whenever a Lucy reference pops up unexpectedly! What other 65 year old show enjoys such "attention"?? :HALKING:

Didn't quite know WHERE to put this one:

TCM this morning:  Designing Woman, with Gregory Peck, Lauren Bacall, 1957.

The opening credits which I re-entered room HEARING, I swear the background music  is THEME SONG from Forever Darling . . . AND . . . thought it WAS from that film; then, realized it WAS NOT(!) anyone had the strange same experience?

I may not catch the closing credits, which should acknowledge same; and since it was filmed in such close proximity (year after) of  Arnaz film the year before; and one they held world premiere in JAMESTOWN, I find it shocking, to say the least!

heading on over to IMDb to compare 'write-ups'...... :fabrary: 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.avclub.com/article/love-isnt-all-around-case-file-80-mary-tyler-moore-249580

Great synopsis of the Mary Tyler Moore houre with Lucy pic. If you look LWL isn't one of his flops so far

I'm a regular reader of My World of Flops. I'd recommend leafing through the archives because it's really informative and funny. I wouldn't be surprised LWL showed up sometime soon.

http://www.avclub.com/article/love-isnt-all-around-case-file-80-mary-tyler-moore-249580

Great synopsis of the Mary Tyler Moore houre with Lucy pic. If you look LWL isn't one of his flops so far

... so far! :blink:

I'm a regular reader of My World of Flops. I'd recommend leafing through the archives because it's really informative and funny. I wouldn't be surprised LWL showed up sometime soon.

I wouldn't be surprised LWL showed up sometime soon.

I'm surprised it didn't beat TMTMH to the punch! :HALKING:

Didn't quite know WHERE to put this one:

TCM this morning:  Designing Woman, with Gregory Peck, Lauren Bacall, 1957.

The opening credits which I re-entered room HEARING, I swear the background music  is THEME SONG from Forever Darling . . . AND . . . thought it WAS from that film; then, realized it WAS NOT(!) anyone had the strange same experience?

I may not catch the closing credits, which should acknowledge same; and since it was filmed in such close proximity (year after) of  Arnaz film the year before; and one they held world premiere in JAMESTOWN, I find it shocking, to say the least!

heading on over to IMDb to compare 'write-ups'...... :fabrary:

Forgot to get back to you; comparing the two films, still think the theme was from Forever Darling; but, background folk, cast and crew - NO IDENTICAL PEOPLE.  Anyone see the same film(s)???? Released a year apart.

AND . . .

Freddie:  To quote you yesterday:  :I'm a regular reader of My World of Flops.​" - What IS this?  A website?

​Thanks for your reply.....

• Like 1

Forgot to get back to you; comparing the two films, still think the theme was from Forever Darling; but, background folk, cast and crew - NO IDENTICAL PEOPLE.  Anyone see the same film(s)???? Released a year apart.

AND . . .

Freddie:  To quote you yesterday:  :I'm a regular reader of My World of Flops.​" - What IS this?  A website?

​Thanks for your reply.....

It's a column on the AV Club website. It describes itself as the following: "My World Of Flops is Nathan Rabin’s survey of books, television shows, musical releases, or other forms of entertainment that were financial flops, critical failures, or lack a substantial cult following."

"It's a column on the AV Club website. It describes itself as the following: "My World Of Flops is Nathan Rabin’s survey of books, television shows, musical releases, or other forms of entertainment that were financial flops, critical failures, or lack a substantial cult following."  Freddie 2/18/2017

Thanks for the reply, Freddie:  Is this guy credible?  Apparently, you think so; but, have not heard the name before. :fabrary:  :D