Lucy Sightings!

Brock

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Irene Kampen Tripp said:

I caught a Laugh-In the other night...(I hadn't seen since I was 3).. and in the opening they were doing a bunch of old time vaudeville type zingers... One of them went: "Boy, the husband of Lucille Ball is lucky, he has a wristwatch AND a wife that works."

Ha, that's hilarious, and how did they know about Gary's watch obsession?

I did not know he had a wristwatch obsession!!  NOW the joke is funny to me!  I was thinking "God!! They're really digging on Gary being a kept man.. how is HE even important enough to be the butt of a joke?" .. but NOW THAT IS A GOOD JOKE and that butt head laughed all the way to the bank anyhow!!

In answer to your question of how the knew about his obsession... IDK  because the joke was a stand alone quick quib... Maybe Rowan and Martin kept tabs on Morton Goldapper.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, HarryCarter said:

I was watching the PBS documentary "Harold Prince: The Director's Life" and Prince discussed how Too Many Girls was one of the first Broadway musicals that made in impression on him. Several pictures were shown over Desi singing "Spic and Spanish."

Oh gotta look for this one. Hopefully it's On Demand.

This week's New Yorker has an article called "Roomba Nation" about the growing presence of robots in people's homes. It includes the following passage:

"There are contrivances that can mow your lawn, wash your windows, assemble your IKEA furniture, clean the kitty-litter box, fold your laundry (at a pokier pace than you, and it doesn't do socks), zip your zipper, apply lipstick to what Lucille Ball might consider lips, give you a tattoo, crush you at Ping-Pong, feed you tomatoes as you jog (the wearable Tomatan), and even devilishly check the little box on a Web site which says 'I am not a robot.'"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, JessiLu said:

Thought this was a pretty odd sighting: towards the end of a Today show piece about Kevin Spacey’s recent video rant, a screenshot of the video on YouTube is shown, and in the right-hand pane you can see a link to the ‘Finding Lucy’ documentary [appearing around 1:59]:

Someone at the Today Show likes Lucy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Will said:

I've seen the photo but not the clipping. This is from a sketch for the Victor Borge Comedy Hour, that never got picked up. This airplane skit was redone on The Lucy Show when Lucy went to London. 

• Like 1