Jump to content
Brock

Lucy Sightings!

Recommended Posts

Mot Morenzi    1,551
On 20 May 2019 at 11:38 AM, Luvsbway said:

In the Netflix Laugh-In special, a quick shot of Desi in his guest shot saying, " Sorry Lucy, it's a living."

This was in relation to Lucy being competition to Laugh-In.

One of the reviews I read for that special referred to it playing opposite "CBS juggernaut The Lucy Show." That's how I'll think of TLS from now on - the juggernaut. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brock    3,385

Miss Ball says Miss Clooney’s autobiography is a helluva book. There were never such devoted neighbours...

052E5146-061E-4FFD-A064-8DB40CCFC6F9.jpeg

D59BCE19-80E8-4AC7-84C0-DE0D34E10B3C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    2,076
34 minutes ago, Brock said:

Miss Ball says Miss Clooney’s autobiography is a helluva book. There were never such devoted neighbours...

 

D59BCE19-80E8-4AC7-84C0-DE0D34E10B3C.jpeg

That's very cool. What year did the book come out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    2,076

I think this may be the oldest reference to I Love Lucy I've heard.  1952 episode of The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show. Mistakenly Gracie thinks George is going to kill himself. Harry Morton asks Gracie " I don't know why George would kill himself. Did he see the I Love Lucy show?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brock    3,385
33 minutes ago, Luvsbway said:

That's very cool. What year did the book come out?

This edition is 1979. First published in 77, it seems. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeySoCal    1,017

Frankly I've never been totally convinced that the "uh oh" lady was DeDe... could have been any old lady from back in the day since it's one of many laugh track "sounds" and "segments" that they dubbed onto the soundtrack over and over. :HALKING:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    2,076
4 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Frankly I've never been totally convinced that the "uh oh" lady was DeDe... could have been any old lady from back in the day since it's one of many laugh track "sounds" and "segments" that they dubbed onto the soundtrack over and over. :HALKING:

I know both Lucy and Desi have said years later in interviews they could hear DeDe in the audience. But they never said anything about her being the uh-oh lady. So I'm not convinced either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeySoCal    1,017

I'm sure you did! And over the years, I've heard Miss Uh-Oh on various other sitcoms, some as part of the laugh track (a la "Lucy" as it it's recorded, not "live" every time) for many shows, most which weren;t even filmed before an audience! :HALKING:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryCarter    1,067
On 6/22/2019 at 4:27 PM, Mot Morenzi said:

Not a sight but a sound - I just heard DeDe's "Uh-Oh" in the Woody Allen episode of Just Shoot Me.

I remember TV Guide “Jeered” Just Shoot Me for using a 50 year old laugh track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mot Morenzi    1,551
4 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

I remember TV Guide “Jeered” Just Shoot Me for using a 50 year old laugh track. 

Really? That's strange. I think it's great when a modern show pays homage to the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brock    3,385

Home from Jamestown and watching something I recorded off TCM while away, the documentary Ava Gardner: The Gypsy of Hollywood, and Lucy and Gary just popped up in colour footage arriving at a Hollywood premiere. The doc tries to pass it off as the preme of There’s No Business like Showbusiness, but that’s obviously impossible. 

04B605AB-4756-45B7-B397-6E14C3C7785F.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    2,076
13 hours ago, Brock said:

Home from Jamestown and watching something I recorded off TCM while away, the documentary Ava Gardner: The Gypsy of Hollywood, and Lucy and Gary just popped up in colour footage arriving at a Hollywood premiere. The doc tries to pass it off as the preme of There’s No Business like Showbusiness, but that’s obviously impossible. 

04B605AB-4756-45B7-B397-6E14C3C7785F.jpeg

She looks so good and happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×