Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Lucy Carmichael and Theodore J. Mooney appeared on the new Simpsons episode tonight.

Homer has become obsessed with a station devoted to 80s sitcoms and he is shown watching a show called I Lost Lucy which featured Mr. Mooney standing over a fresh grave which reads "Lucy, 1911-1989" trying to get Mrs. Carmichael to get back to work. Lucy's be-wigged skeleton then pops up from the grave and a crow makes off with her head.

The Simpsons' version of Gale was almost identical to its version of Frank Nelson. LOL

By my count this is their fourth reference to Lucy Carmichael and third for Mr. Mooney.

1. Ghost Lucy tells Lisa her name is "Lucy McGillicuddy Ricardo Carmichael... and I think there are a couple of more"

2. Moe sells oyster shells painted to resemble Lucy ("Oh, Mr. Mooney, I've just gotta meet Bob Cummings! Viv!!!")

3. Homer tells Lisa about the time he was locked in the bank vault with Mr. Mooney

4. Tonight's episode

Lucy Carmichael and Theodore J. Mooney appeared on the new Simpsons episode tonight.

Homer has become obsessed with a station devoted to 80s sitcoms and he is shown watching a show called I Lost Lucy which featured Mr. Mooney standing over a fresh grave which reads "Lucy, 1911-1989" trying to get Mrs. Carmichael to get back to work. Lucy's be-wigged skeleton then pops up from the grave and a crow makes off with her head.

The Simpsons' version of Gale was almost identical to its version of Frank Nelson. LOL

By my count this is their fourth reference to Lucy Carmichael and third for Mr. Mooney.

1. Ghost Lucy tells Lisa her name is "Lucy McGillicuddy Ricardo Carmichael... and I think there are a couple of more"

2. Moe sells oyster shells painted to resemble Lucy ("Oh, Mr. Mooney, I've just gotta meet Bob Cummings! Viv!!!")

3. Homer tells Lisa about the time he was locked in the bank vault with Mr. Mooney

4. Tonight's episode

Holy crap, that's awesome! Love me some Simpsons. Can't wait to see it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

On this week's Two and a Half Men, only watched it because everybody loves to see a train wreck, Sheen says to his brother after he's done something not very kosher, LUCY, YOU GOT SOME SPLAININ TO DO!

Ironic given Sheen's recent ....."exploits": perhaps it should have been the other way around!! ;)

Yet another Lucy/Desi reference on Two and a Half Men. On the daily rerun ones, the kid goes to his first boy girl party so they get him a new decent haircut. The Sheen character takes him to a hoity toity place to get a decent cut, as his brother was taking him to a place with a picture of Desi Arnaz on the wall, so the brother retorts, HEY DESI ARNAZ HAD NICE HAIR!

Yet another Lucy/Desi reference on Two and a Half Men. On the daily rerun ones, the kid goes to his first boy girl party so they get him a new decent haircut. The Sheen character takes him to a hoity toity place to get a decent cut, as his brother was taking him to a place with a picture of Desi Arnaz on the wall, so the brother retorts, HEY DESI ARNAZ HAD NICE HAIR!

Please don't tell me you're becoming a Two & A Half Men convert.

(Or as the Church Lady called it last night, "One-and-a-half Men and a Whore Monger!" )

Please don't tell me you're becoming a Two & A Half Men convert.

(Or as the Church Lady called it last night, "One-and-a-half Men and a Whore Monger!" )

I know, wasn't that line a riot!!!!! I used to love the Church Lady and it sure was nice to see her again, LOL! NO, i's just that Two and Half Men is syndicated and is on all the time and everywhere the way Raymond used to be and now Big Bang Theory is slowly becoming. I never watched it at nine on Mondays as Joy Behar was on but now that they've moved her to ten i have noting else to watch as i refuse to watch that pompous ass piers morgan jerk. I actually used to like the show till it became so repetitive but the kid, the mom and the maid are terrific even if i cannot stand the brother (shades or Raymond huh?) and even Sheen is tolerable. I also think i'm watching it more as everybody loves to watch someone when they are slowly killing themselves, i remember watching Chico and the Man for that reason, you want to see how he's functionning when he's od'ing on cocaine and whores, LOL! AND Mike and Molly that follows it isn't bad either, the two main stars are so lovable and engaging!

I couldn't believe it, i sit my beau down to watch a classic movie he actually requested and had never seen, THE EXORCIST, and at the very end, the police captain suggests to the priest that they go see a movie together, Wuthering Heights, when the priest asks who's in it, the police captain answers in an obvious joke, Lucille Ball and Jackie Gleason. I hadn't seen it in years and forgot that line was in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently there was an ILL dream sequence on House last night. Can anyone confirm?

The episode is repeated in the States Friday afternoon on the USA Network. Someone check it out! lol

Who'd he play? Desi? Must be funny seeing Desi walk with a cane, although House sure has the BUGGED OUT EYES thing down pat. :lucydisgust:

Lucy and Desi were mentioned AGAIN on last night's episode of The Simpsons. Homer, Bart, Lisa, and Grandpa are sitting around in the den watching Cheech and Chong on TV and a commercial comes on mentioning that they're coming "home" to Springfield to do a show and they're only half paying attention:

Bart: Cheech and Chong are from Springfield?!

Grandpa: LUCY & DESI ARE GETTING A DIVORCE?! :obrien:

Lucy and Desi were mentioned AGAIN on last night's episode of The Simpsons. Homer, Bart, Lisa, and Grandpa are sitting around in the den watching Cheech and Chong on TV and a commercial comes on mentioning that they're coming "home" to Springfield to do a show and they're only half paying attention:

Bart: Cheech and Chong are from Springfield?!

Grandpa: LUCY & DESI ARE GETTING A DIVORCE?! :obrien:

I know, saw that, wasn't it the coolest maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn? :marionstrong:

Paula Deen has apparently filmed a Lucy-related segment for an upcoming episode of her show: http://eater.com/archives/2011/03/16/heres-paula-deen-dressed-up-as-lucille-ball.php

Good God, we haven't even seen spring or summer yet and they're talking about the Halloween show? Kudos on the eyes and lips and energy but the hair, nope, not quite! I love her though and am thrilled she did this.