Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Lucy was mentionned by David Letetrman last night. He's talking about the NEW YEAR's celebration in Times Square. He hates the fact that it's only this flashy lighted ball that comes down in ten seconds. He says that it was different in the old days, at one time Lucille Ball used to be the BALL that dropped at Midnight.

Hmm. Kind of a lame joke, but that's Letterman for you. lol

On last night's Jimmy Fallon, which i see at ten the next night . . . one of his guests was fashion guru Tim Gunn. He proceeded to ask Mr Gunn what he did when he had to look at someone who did not succeed well sartorialy, in other words, tell them that their look stinks. Mr Gunn referenced I Love Lucy, Lucy Tells The Truth. He said that he did what Lucy Ricardo did in that episode. HE SAYS TO THE PERSON, HEY, IF THAT'S THE LOOK YOU WANTED, YOU GOT IT ALL RIGHT!

and one earlier I almost missed and they were saying something about pant suits and said like Vivian Vance

I think that's one of the strike episodes. Doug, Arthur and Deacon are jeering people as they walk by and one of them says, "Nice pant suit. Vivian Vance called, she wants it back." I like that show.

I think that's one of the strike episodes. Doug, Arthur and Deacon are jeering people as they walk by and one of them says, "Nice pant suit. Vivian Vance called, she wants it back." I like that show.

I've never liked that show, always the same damned small cast and same stories, although i've seen a few that i liked, BUT, i don't even get that joke, when was Vivian ever known for wearing pantsuits?????

I've never liked that show, always the same damned small cast and same stories, although i've seen a few that i liked, BUT, i don't even get that joke, when was Vivian ever known for wearing pantsuits?????

I don't get it either. I think if they'd said Hillary Clinton instead it would make more sense.

I think "The King of Queens" is one of those you either love it or you hate it kind of shows. I love it.

Well, it ran forever so i think it had to have something, the two leads were great, the father's role (STILLER) was wasted, so badly written, made you hate him. But i've caught a few that were mildly amusing.

Today`s ELLEN featured five ladies derssed up as icons, competing in a game for 5 thousand bucks. One girl was dressed as Lucy, in my opinion, she was second best, she lost out to the lady imitating Bradley Cooper in Silver Linings Playbook, original, yes, Ellen chose her for that reason, very clever. They were juggling sings, at least Lucy never dropped hers.

I don't get it either. I think if they'd said Hillary Clinton instead it would make more sense.

yeah I was never a fan till they put it on so was getting ready for work and after a fee Weeks I got hooked lol. No I don't get it but thought it was pretty cool hearing Vivian Vance mentioned, want going to mention the comment till I heard the second one :)

It was just a joke! I think maybe their thinking was, it was a show set in the 70s aired in the 2000s, they had to make a reference to someone who not only would be known at the time but in the present day as well, so actually I think it's rather flattering that they thought to refer to our dear Miss Vance, despite the fact the logic is rather obtuse. Just sayin'.... :D

It was just a joke! I think maybe their thinking was, it was a show set in the 70s aired in the 2000s, they had to make a reference to someone who not only would be known at the time but in the present day as well, so actually I think it's rather flattering that they thought to refer to our dear Miss Vance, despite the fact the logic is rather obtuse. Just sayin'.... :D

Set in the '70s????? We're talking about King of Queens, not That '70s show.

This really isn't a Lucy sighting but a reference in my daily life. I went to the hookah bar and of course as a lady I had to go to the powder room. Haha. But when I turned on the light it was GREEN. I looked in the mirror and thought to myself 'I GOT THE GOBLOOTS FROM THE BOOSHOO BIRD!'

Now THAT's funny! Anybody who's ever tried a green light, i had one in the house when i was a kid as various colored lights were popular back then, KNOWS that you do look sickly in that green light.