Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Now THAT's funny! Anybody who's ever tried a green light, i had one in the house when i was a kid as various colored lights were popular back then, KNOWS that you do look sickly in that green light.

I looked at least 15 years older! You can see every flaw in the damn green light! My hair looked black, not red.

Heehee, Annaleigh! I laughed when I read that you immediately thought of the gobloots when you saw yourself in that green light! Isn't it funny how often Lucy references pop into our heads? :marionstrong:

I have to be careful to say anything like that around others. Some don't get it and it takes the fun out of it having to explain it to non-Lucy fans. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Downtown this morning, at the bookstore, saw this HUGE coffee table type book on the city of Los Angeles. Went through the whole thin, and would have bought it had it not been 70 bucks plus tax, there was one pic of Lucy in the group shot at MGM celebrating an anniversary, the famous one of her in the front row between Hedy Lamaar and Margaret Sullivan and Red Skelton in the back of her and Desi standing in the back row in his Army uniform, so musta been 1944.

Just watched Lucy in Lured, God was she beautiful in that one. I can see the rumor of an affair with George Sanders might be true, they were gorgeous together. and this is where Lucy first encountered the dress designer Elois Jennsen too. She created some incredibly stunning outfits for Lucy in this one.

Love that music hall dress. The press book has a nice write up on the dresses and a little on Eloise. I once saw on ebay an article on Eloise and it had a picture of Lucy in the engagement dress. It was in color. It's blue, but that makes sense with the poem.

Oh and I think she had no chemistry with Sanders for having a rumored fling with him. There were many other onscreen men in the 40's I thought she paired so much better with.

Love that music hall dress. The press book has a nice write up on the dresses and a little on Eloise. I once saw on ebay an article on Eloise and it had a picture of Lucy in the engagement dress. It was in color. It's blue, but that makes sense with the poem.

Oh and I think she had no chemistry with Sanders for having a rumored fling with him. There were many other onscreen men in the 40's I thought she paired so much better with.

Yeah but he was so suave and elegant, dignified and charming, a poor man's Cary Grant if you will and remember how she loved TALL and HANDSOME UGLY and he had both of those. Of course the male lead in Valley of the Sun was more handsome but she always preferred the tough looking like Broderick Crawford with the exception of Desi of course. Being a guy, i don't even recall the engagement dress, but i'll take your word for it because you always know what you're talking about.