Lucy Sightings!

Brock

This week on Pawn Stars a guy broght in a necklace owned by Lucy and wore in those photos from the early 60s where she is wearing a black almost off the shoulder dress. It's a pearl necklace with silver broach in the middle. The CA said she gave it to Hal King. I think the price was reasonable, but I spoted an error in Rick's story about Lucy.

This week on Pawn Stars a guy broght in a necklace owned by Lucy and wore in those photos from the early 60s where she is wearing a black almost off the shoulder dress. It's a pearl necklace with silver broach in the middle. The CA said she gave it to Hal King. I think the price was reasonable, but I spoted an error in Rick's story about Lucy.

Great stuff, Shell:  Any remembrance of the price it went for?  Thanks....Loving you, JK

What was the error in Rick's story?

Many shows were filmed at Desilu but not always produced there. Dick Van Dyke and My Three Sons were 2 others. Desilu kept afloat for many years as a rental facility.

Oh I believe you, I was just trying to make sense of why I thought that too.

I suppose I'll read all about Desilu as a rental facility and I get further in Desilu (book).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Nathan Lane's THE NANCE, for which he won the Tony, playing right now on PBS, there's a sequence where the vaudevillians do a very similar sketch to SLOWLY I TURN, except that instead of Martha, the words that get one beat up are Niagara Falls, but it's basically the same set up, this must have been changed just a bit for TV by the ILL writers.

• Like 1

On The Talk today, the cast of a new comedy about a girl that's a pregnant virgin, the cast came on to plug the show and the older lady said that she had worked with Lucy.  Ivonne Coll said that Lucy did give her the best advice she ever got, TO BE SELFISH AND ALWAYS ASK, IS THIS GOOD FOR ME in anything she had to make a decision on.