Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Closer magazine has an article on Ruta Lee and a box with a pic of Lucy from The Lucy Show and entitled Lucy's Best Broad about how Ruta has a friendship with Lucy.  I recall the short quote said she was the worst hostess for setting out food but was the most fun girl.

Maybe Lucy was the one who brought the food to that Life with Lucy wrap party, LOL!  Had everything there IN HER PURSE.

On my new FAVORITE show "Getting On" (HBO) last night, an adult daughter is a cancer patient and her elderly mother says "LUU_CCY" in a sing song way (to cheer her up?) and the daughter answers "RI-CKY" in an obligatory sort of way.   They do this a couple of times.

Laurie Metcalf as Dr. Jenna James is superb beyond words.

On my new FAVORITE show "Getting On" (HBO) last night, an adult daughter is a cancer patient and her elderly mother says "LUU_CCY" in a sing song way (to cheer her up?) and the daughter answers "RI-CKY" in an obligatory sort of way.   They do this a couple of times.

Oooooooooooooooh, will have to check that out next month when i get my cable back.

Isn't she always?? If I had HBO I'd be a regular viewer! Am enjoying "The McCarthys" on CBS mainly because of her as well as Mr. Ritter....soooo reminiscent of his late great father.  Just wish the scripts were better....it has much potential but so far -- and I hope it's given the chance -- has yet to fire on all cylinders IMHO. :)

Yeah, well, although i really like the cast, i agree with you that the show is badly written.  Laurie is one of those actresses that is so underappreciated.  As for Ritter's son, he looks and acts just like him, so now John has left us with TWO great Ritters in show biz, wonder if his other kid's a daughter and if she's in the biz too.

Did i already mention that Kelly Osbourne said on The Talk this week that this new project she's doing has her BEING a cartoon character and she said she based the character on her mom and Lucy among others, i guess she was referring to her character's hair.

I caught that and was thrilled they used a non-I Love Lucy era photo.

From the same photoshoot as the picture Jimmy used for his book. This one she had her index fingers touched at the tips in front of her chest.

Yeah, i LOVE that one, i also was pleasantly surprised that they used a different one for a change.  Jim Sheridan's FAQin book cover is the first hing that came to my mind also when i saw it.

Last night PBS premiered a American Masters: Bing Crosby. Included were two excerpts of Bing's interviews on Let's Talk to Lucy.

That's nice, will have to check that out.  Anybody else notice that only Lucy could get so many superstars to sit down with her for all these interviews, she was THAT powerful at the time.

On Celebrity Name Game, hosted by the great Craig Ferguson, these dumb bunny contestants were playing, Tom Bergeron was the celebrity partner, the name they have to guess is Ricky Ricardo, so Tom gives as a clue, he was married to Lucy, the woman passed having no clue as to who it could be, and this woman was not young either.  Then the next one was Will and Grace, so Tom says, they were neighbors and then lived together, one was gay, so the dumbbunny says Mork and Mindy?  Tom was disgusted about the first answer but then threw his harms up and wanted to walk off the stage when the second one was given as an answer, LOL!

In Closer this week is an article about Barry Livingston with the picture of Lucy cutting his hair.  It is in a box "His Legendery Co-stars"  He said that "Lucy was gruff, funny, and kind all at the same time."  

COOL!  I had more of a Desi sighting.  On Rachael Ray, she had this doctor who ingested a camera which flashed and took pictures while going through his body.  If you recall from Desi's book, when he tried to get famous cinematographer Karl Freund to do I Love Lucy.  Desi told him he knew the famous man was working on just that camera and Desi described what it did perfectly, saying it went through the entire body and came out from the other end after snapping pictures of everything that goes on in our bodies.  It's only being used for ten to fifteen years now, so Mr Freund was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of his time with this invention.

• Like 1

Ok, two new ones for today . . . on Celebrity Name Game with Craig Ferguson, they showed a picture of Lucy in the lightning round and the idiot man said PASS, but when the woman came out and got it, she said married to Ricky Ricardo and the celebs said Lucy and they asked for complete name and they said Lucille Ball.  Picture shown was Lucy in that nice white top from the interview where a edward R Murrow interviews them and the Ricardos and Mertzs fight as they think they want to move out to a fancy Park Avenue apartment.  Now, tonight on that Blake Shelton special, his mo comes out and he says she keeps pushing him to play her songs a la Lucy and Ricky Ricardo.

Tonight on Designing Women:

Dixie Carter: This sounds like something Lucy Ricardo and Ethel Mertz would cook up. It's going to end in disaster.

Jean Smart: You mean like when Bill Holden caught Lucy's plastic nose on fire?

Dixie Carter: Right. Tonight somebody's nose is going to catch fire.

• Like 1