Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Sorry, I didn't read the posts far enough back to read yours. :gasp: You tell it much better in detail. Thanks for bumping it forward so I can read it. :lucy1:

Rob Lowe Touched Her!!! :lucysmirk:

LOL, i was hoping you wouldn't mind my kidding you about it, it's just funny when you bring up something and someone makes an identical comment in some cases to show you that they don't read your posts, i knew that was not the case with a doll like YOU but others have done that here, LOL! It was a great story Robbie told but i am getting a little sick of hearing it though, LOL! You know ME, i'm never happy, if they don't tell it i get mad also, LOL!

LOL, i was hoping you wouldn't mind my kidding you about it, it's just funny when you bring up something and someone makes an identical comment in some cases to show you that they don't read your posts, i knew that was not the case with a doll like YOU but others have done that here, LOL! It was a great story Robbie told but i am getting a little sick of hearing it though, LOL! You know ME, i'm never happy, if they don't tell it i get mad also, LOL!

This is probably the only talk show that I have seen him on, since I don't watch too many talk shows anymore except the "The View". I liked also his story of meeting Liza Minnelli.

This is probably the only talk show that I have seen him on, since I don't watch too many talk shows anymore except the "The View". I liked also his story of meeting Liza Minnelli.

Yeah, i think his whole interview was interesting so i guess his book will be great also.

I've been having a December Bride mini-marathon tonight and amidst countless Lucy co-stars like Parly Baer, Sid Melton, Barbara Eden, Gladys Hurlbut, and Joseph Kearns (Lucy's Night In Town reunion!), and a shared plot or two (Lily and Hilda Hunt Uranium!) was the following exchange when they went on a quiz show to win a piano:

Quiz Master: Are you nervous, Mrs. Crocker?

Hilda: No, I'm fine, but my knees are playing Babalu!

:lucyhaha: ! I just got to an episode where Desi is suing Matt for a construction accident that caused "his" den to sink after the foundation collapsed. It's odd that they keep referring to it as Desi's house with no mention of the missus. LOL

By the way, Desi's phone number is CRestview2-4599 in this episode.

• Like 1

I've been having a December Bride mini-marathon tonight and amidst countless Lucy co-stars like Parly Baer, Sid Melton, Barbara Eden, Gladys Hurlbut, and Joseph Kearns (Lucy's Night In Town reunion!), and a shared plot or two (Lily and Hilda Hunt Uranium!) was the following exchange when they went on a quiz show to win a piano:

Quiz Master: Are you nervous, Mrs. Crocker?

Hilda: No, I'm fine, but my knees are playing Babalu!

How cool! :D

Where does one come by copies of such a chestnut as December Bride?? HALKING.gif

I bought 140+ episodes on iOffer a couple of years ago but never had a chance to finish the whole package. For some reason I needed a Verna Felton fix today! LOL

How cool! I always forget about that place despite having found some cool things on there once in a blue moon! How's the quality?? :D

I was watching the 1938 Barbara Stanwyck-Henry Fonda movie "The Mad Miss Manton" and a theater marquee is visible in two scenes. "Having Wonderful Time" starring Douglas Fairbanks Jr. and Lucille Ball is on the marquee (Ginger Rogers' name is blocked by a building). I wonder if this was the first "Lucy sighting" in a film that Lucy herself did not appear in. Lucy actually received forth billing in "Having Wonderful Time," but third billed star Peggy Conklin was not a RKO contactee, unlike Lucy. Lucy and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. were originally supposed to co-star in "The Mad Miss Manton." Katharine Hepburn was originally cast in Stanwyck's part and Fairbanks in Fonda's. I'm presuming Lucy was supposed to play one of dizzy debutantes (probably the one played by Frances Mercer).

• Like 1

I was watching the 1938 Barbara Stanwyck-Henry Fonda movie "The Mad Miss Manton" and a theater marquee is visible in two scenes. "Having Wonderful Time" starring Douglas Fairbanks Jr. and Lucille Ball is on the marquee (Ginger Rogers' name is blocked by a building). I wonder if this was the first "Lucy sighting" in a film that Lucy herself did not appear in. Lucy actually received forth billing in "Having Wonderful Time," but third billed star Peggy Conklin was not a RKO contactee, unlike Lucy. Lucy and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. were originally supposed to co-star in "The Mad Miss Manton." Katharine Hepburn was originally cast in Stanwyck's part and Fairbanks in Fonda's. I'm presuming Lucy was supposed to play one of dizzy debutantes (probably the one played by Frances Mercer).

I was watching GOOD NEWS today on TCM and heard that song that Bill Frawley did on the show, the one about the Indians and the peace pipe, anyone know what ILL show that was, i'd kinda like to hear it again by Fred.

I was watching GOOD NEWS today on TCM and heard that song that Bill Frawley did on the show, the one about the Indians and the peace pipe, anyone know what ILL show that was, i'd kinda like to hear it again by Fred.

It was "The Indian Show" and it was performed by Fred, Ethel, and Ricky. The song was originally written for Ziegfeld Follies and Lucy was reportedly supposed to be in the number with Judy Garland, Nancy Walker, and, possibly, June Allyson. The number didn't make it into the film, but Nancy Walker sang it on a "Mail Call" radio program at the time. "Pass that Peace Pipe" was then put into "Good News" and it earneds a Best Original Song Oscar nomination (it wasn't that original by that point!)

• Like 1

It was "The Indian Show" and it was performed by Fred, Ethel, and Ricky. The song was originally written for Ziegfeld Follies and Lucy was reportedly supposed to be in the number with Judy Garland, Nancy Walker, and, possibly, June Allyson. The number didn't make it into the film, but Nancy Walker sang it on a "Mail Call" radio program at the time. "Pass that Peace Pipe" was then put into "Good News" and it earneds a Best Original Song Oscar nomination (it wasn't that original by that point!)

LOL! Thanks, i remembered Fred doing it but not the others. Now i'd kill to see that clip from a game show Bill was on where they told us "must have been I've Got a Secret," that he had introduced some great standards in early broadway shows, he looked like such a charmer on that show.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave Navarro is one of the last people I would have suspected of being a Lucy fan, but here it is. LOL

Jane's Addiction immortalized on Guitar Center RockWalk

With a battery of photographers snapping pictures, the three members of Jane's Addiction pressed both hands into wet cement as part of their induction into Guitar Center RockWalk in West Hollywood, California. Later, guitarist Dave Navarro remarked to CNN, "I first became aware of hands in cement on 'I Love Lucy,' if you remember that episode where they steal John Wayne's footprints."

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/03/janes-addiction-immortalized-on-hollywoods-rockwalk/