Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Come to think of it, I've never seen a full episode of Murphy Brown. I'm pretty sure it ran 10+ years, so it's odd that I've never seen it in syndication.

Really?? Too bad, great show LOVE Candice! BTW that divine singer/actress you don't like appeared in a hilarious 3-minute cameo on the series finale episode fittingly as Murphy's last gawdawful secretary (a running joke from the 1st episode through the entire 10-year run of the show!).

• Like 1

Maude Season 4 Episode 4 is the second half of a two parter beginning with Hermione Baddely doing a recap of the previous week's events. When she first mentions Walter's girlfriend (played by Bernadette Peters), there is a 100% Dede Uh Oh that can be heard within the first 45 seconds of the video.

Maude Season 4 Episode 4 is the second half of a two parter beginning with Hermione Baddely doing a recap of the previous week's events. When she first mentions Walter's girlfriend (played by Bernadette Peters), there is a 100% Dede Uh Oh that can be heard within the first 45 seconds of the video.

Lucy's mom sure got around town!! :HALKING:

• Like 1

About 10 years ago I remember reading a Cheers and Jeers in TV Guide that was a Jeer to a current sitcom for using an outdated laugh track.  How did they know?  The familiar "uh-oh".  They were able to pinpoint it back to ILL.

How about that kid's laugh, it annoys the crap outta me.

Maybe I'll get a job as a sound editor on a sitcom so that I can make every single joke include a Dede laugh. As a bonus for one episode I might throw in "She's gonna chop it down!" from Together For Christmas.

WHAT A GREAT IDEA, Freddie love!!!!!  Thanks for saying it!  Loving you, JK

While we are talking 'sound tracks' - Good Morning America has lost it's fun-loving weatherman, Sam Champion, to THE WEATHER CHANNEL - and since it's one of the most-watched news channels by ME, I frequently hear Sam's wonderful, bubbly, throaty laugh; mind's eye can even see him - I'm assuming, of course, it IS Sam; but, it could be George - if so, he's loveable; but, not quite so bubbly!!!!!!!!!!  JUST SAYIN'!   JK 

• 3 weeks later...

Family Guy last night had an animated version of the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts. Lucy was on the panel and Dean got a good zinger in about her. I forget how it went but I laughed pretty hard.

This is why I have such a love/hate relationship with Family Guy. I always talk about how its humor is 98% trash and topical references minus the biting social satire of South Park. Then it comes by and pulls something like this and makes me appreciate that a show so popular with kids is in a way teaching them about old entertainers. Kaye Balllard even got a mention in one episode. Kaye Ballard!

This is why I have such a love/hate relationship with Family Guy. I always talk about how its humor is 98% trash and topical references minus the biting social satire of South Park. Then it comes by and pulls something like this and makes me appreciate that a show so popular with kids is in a way teaching them about old entertainers. Kaye Balllard even got a mention in one episode. Kaye Ballard!

Did you catch Seth's Million ways to die in the west?  Horrible, so unfunny.  More so after seeing the terrific TED. 

• Like 1

On the 70's hits channel on Music Choice, they were playing Wayne Newton's "Daddy, Don't You Walk So Fast"(1972). In the trivia information about the artist, they mentioned that Wayne Newton guest-starred on Lucille Ball's sitcom "Here's Lucy" in 1970.

He did more than that with her, she really liked him on her show, her kind of entertainer which Vegas found out later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After The Poseidon Adventure tonight, TCM aired a featurette on the Friars Club salute to The Sunshine Boys. As they interviewed attendees on their list of greatest comedians, they featured Sid Gould twice, who gave Lucy a shout-out.