Lucy Sightings!

Brock

• 1 month later...

I'm just getting out of the world premiere of the upcoming movie Trumbo. And, without spoiling too much, Lucy's voice figures prominently in one scene in the first half of this amazing film, and she has a voiceless appearance in the end credit sequence as well. Everyone is phenomenal in the movie, including Helen Mirren as, to use her words tonight, "the horrible, behatted Hedda Hopper."

I'm just getting out of the world premiere of the upcoming movie Trumbo. And, without spoiling too much, Lucy's voice figures prominently in one scene in the first half of this amazing film, and she has a voiceless appearance in the end credit sequence as well. Everyone is phenomenal in the movie, including Helen Mirren as, to use her words tonight, "the horrible, behatted Hedda Hopper."

Oh, coolness and thanks for sharing Obi Wan!! I can't wait to find out what the "horrible" is about regarding the "behatted" (what a great description!!) Hopper!   :peachonthebeach:

• 4 weeks later...

It's a little weird. Think Jules Vern, steam powered inventions that would have never been feasible to create in Victorian times. Then there is a whole fashion element where people dress in sort of a Victorian style if they had hipsters back then.

The tourist railroad near me is having its third annual steampunk event this weekend.

• Like 1

How many more decades come to pass before I Love Lucy is considered steampunk?

Charlie's theory.

Well, if Steam Punk is cosplay for a Victorian SciFi future, then we must look at the ILL episode where Lucy dressed as the Martian promoting that movie as 1950s era futuristic cosplay.

To pick a year, we take a the beginning of steampunk (1987) and subtract the era for most steampunk (mid 1800s) and get roughly 140 years after the original era. So, 140 years after the 1950s would be around 2090 to 2100, perhaps within the lifetime of some of the younger ILL fans alive today.

Since the 1950s saw the development of the microchip I think the name for the steampunk-esque genre should be siliconpunk.

"It is Lucille Ball wrapping chocolates on the assembly line." - Judge (as played by Christopher Macdonald) explaining the US Bond court system on tonight's Good Wife

Aww! Beat me to it! Thanks for posting it! Ain't it cool The Lady is still referred to, still relevant after all these years and from an episode over 60 years old??? Bravo! :blink: