Lucy Sightings!

Brock

I couldn't agree more, much as I loved Mary and TMTMS:  there were several other actresses portraying single working women--several of them also mothers-- in their respective sitcoms' lead role who not only proceeded MTM (e.g. our own LB as Lucy Carmichael/Carter) or premiered right about the same time (like Busty Ingels in The Partridge Family). :HALKING:

Just caught a commercial the other day:

eyeempowerment.com - regarding dry eye; our girl, Lucille, appears among the quickly flashing other famous ONES:

"Before we had voices; we had our eyes"...... 

Nice little 'remembrance' for her in an advertisement currently on view occasionally. :fabrary:

I saw the 1983 unsold dramatic TV pilot The Sheriff & the Astronaut starring Alec Baldwin as the sheriff. I can see why it wasn't picked up, but in one scene, Sheriff Alec is talking very seriously to his brother and says, "A hero is someone you try to be like. When I was growing up, I had three heroes: Dad, you, and Lucille Ball." :D

• Like 2

eyeempowerment.com - regarding dry eye; our girl, Lucille, appears among the quickly flashing other famous ONES:

Nice little 'remembrance' for her in an advertisement currently on view occasionally. :fabrary:

I'VE SEEN IT AT LEAST FOUR TIMES SO FAR:  3/18/17!  anyone else????

Harry:  thanks so much for another chronology addition regarding above pilot mentioning Lucille; love this kinda stuff......  JK :fabrary: 

• Like 1

I saw the 1983 unsold dramatic TV pilot The Sheriff & the Astronaut starring Alec Baldwin as the sheriff. I can see why it wasn't picked up, but in one scene, Sheriff Alec is talking very seriously to his brother and says, "A hero is someone you try to be like. When I was growing up, I had three heroes: Dad, you, and Lucille Ball." :D

Oh! That is soooooo cool!! Thanks for sharing!  :desijr:

True dat Joyce...but when are you gonna "cut the cord"??? Let's get this thing PUBLISHED!!! :HALKING:

When I get the thing edited (Michael Karol, author, several Lucy books) also i-Universe, told me they (i-U) charge BACK editing things they find; that scares me; because I'm not even sure even one book will sell!   Obviously, as a Celoron kid, all the current stuff should NOT be omitted to get-er-dun!!!!!!!  Loving You, JK :fabrary:  

SEEING IT SEVERAL TIMES A DAY NOW!!!! :D 

You know it's gonna be bad when you're 40 seconds into the interview and the gal is already making cracks about Irma!

Jan Wahl is a lump of mud!  She's "taught" a film class in San Francisco for years (a good friend of mine has taken it more than once) and is "famous" locally for her signature hats (a Hedda wannabe in more ways than one!!) as well as "doing her thing" film reviews on the local affiliates there, so she's well known in the Bay Area but I think for obvious reasons, has not furthered her reach like a lot of film critics that came around at the same time.

I think this interview is a good example of why...and I'm no Tarantino fan!

[He walked into a video store in LA I was at a few years ago, one in the Valley popular with lots of industry types as well as film buffs and he gave off a very weird "vibe"; unlike most "celebrities" I lucked upon there, I was not compelled to try and meet him; quite the contrary!  He didn't stay long and I wasn't sorry to see him go!]

:blink:

• Like 1

Season 16, Episode 28 of The Red Skelton Hour: Tennessee Ernie Ford and The Tom Hansen Dancers perform the most white bread rendition of Hey, Look Me Over you ever did see. There were some special lyrics written to make reference to Mr. Ford. 

Also of note in the episode- "Lucy's Own" Peggy Rea as Big Bertha Kropnik, a Russian battle-ax competing in the Chicken-Plucking Olympics, Buddy Rich, who was on a few Here's Lucy's, and the still-with-us (104 and counting) Connie Sawyer as a doomed woman dressed head to toe in blue feathers. 

Weiskopf and Schiller are credited as "Writing Supervisors" on this one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...