Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Just looked this up. She's not actually playing Lucy; Anderson's character is a God who appears as Lucy to get the man's attention. Curious idea, and clever.

Perhaps not; but she sure did a credible job.  It appears she wasn't trying to "mimic" her voice or mannerisms so I wonder how she might have come across if she had; she certainly had the "look" down! I think she'd be a viable candidate should Cate Blanchett prove to be unavailable to portray our heroine in the Sorkin film biopic.... which, as long as it stays in the right hands, I sure hope gets made sooner than later. :lucyhmm:

LOVE to see the 9th grade one; my aunt, Helen Rolph, is in that one; just about jumped out of my skin way back when, 2003 or so, I saw it at the Center!!!!  Then, about 2015, in the Train Station, a wall hanging (LIFE SIZE) of the 1956 VISIT HERE, came eyeball to eyeball with my father, Lawrence Rolph, 17- to Lucille's 15-  when she left Celoron first time; no way they didn't know each other; since he hung at the pool hall; she at the Park, across the block from each other; and lived 3 blocks from each other!!!!  Ah, the memories!  JK :fabrary:

Perhaps not; but she sure did a credible job.  It appears she wasn't trying to "mimic" her voice or mannerisms so I wonder how she might have come across if she had; she certainly had the "look" down! I think she'd be a viable candidate should Cate Blanchett prove to be unavailable to portray our heroine in the Sorkin film biopic.... which, as long as it stays in the right hands, I sure hope gets made sooner than later. :lucyhmm:

Oh I agree. Funnily enough, she looked very similar to how Rachel York looked when she played Lucy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight on The Handmaid's Tale, Offred (Elsabeth Moss) revealed that before the military dictatorship took over she had two cats named Lucy and Ethel in her previous existence.

Elisabeth Moss, in real life, also has two cats named Lucy and Ethel.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

On a December 1st, 1976 interview on The Tonight Show, Bill Holden is there to talk about his "crazy, outrageous new picture Network" with Johnny. The first thing Johnny says when Holden walks out is that the other night he saw himself and Bill on Lucy's 25th Anniversary Special. Johnny says it was a lot of fun. Bill says he didn't see it, but heard about it.

There's a channel called JLTV that just started showing reruns of The Danny Kaye Show. They showed the first episode tonight and you can unmistakably hear Lucy and Gary laughing in the audience throughout the show.

Unfortunately, the zip code search function for Jewish Life TV isn't working in order to find if it airs on a channel in your area.  From the looks of the channels listed, it currently airs primarily on either coast in larger markets, so given the rural berg I'm in, chances are slim I'll ever find it.  Also, I note that it appears DISH doesn't carry it at all, but DIRECT TV does. 

Oh well....guess I won't be seeing "One On One with Alan Dershowitz" anytime soon, more's the pity. :blink:

shDannyKaye.jpg

There's a channel called JLTV that just started showing reruns of The Danny Kaye Show. They showed the first episode tonight and you can unmistakably hear Lucy and Gary laughing in the audience throughout the show.

Thanks! I didn't know JLTV was running The Danny Kaye Show. I see they are also airing the '60s Candid Camera. I hope they show the episodes with Vivian.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...