Lucy Sightings!

Brock

I was watchin the 1965 Frank Sinatra-Dean Martin-Deborah Kerr film "Marriage on the Rocks," which was directed by Jack Donahue. There's a scene in which Frank and Dean watch a fight on TV. The announcer can be heard saying that the boxer is from Danfield, New York. I guess a bit of a Jack Donahue inside joke. Among the many Lucy character actors in the film: Joi Lansing, Louis Nicoletti, Kathleen Freeman, Karen Norris, Flip Marks, Reta Shaw, John McGiver, and Parley Baer.

I was watchin the 1965 Frank Sinatra-Dean Martin-Deborah Kerr film "Marriage on the Rocks," which was directed by Jack Donahue. There's a scene in which Frank and Dean watch a fight on TV. The announcer can be heard saying that the boxer is from Danfield, New York. I guess a bit of a Jack Donahue inside joke. Among the many Lucy character actors in the film: Joi Lansing, Louis Nicoletti, Kathleen Freeman, Karen Norris, Flip Marks, Reta Shaw, John McGiver, and Parley Baer.

OMG i knew i should have watched that one, i didn't remember anything about it except for the cast, i would have watched if i had known it was directed by Jack.

On Joy Behar's show last night, after she went through another wasted half hour on that court case, she finally talked about something else, she had Ray Romano for a few unscheduled minutes and also had James Von Pragg sp? and he mentionned that Lucy comes to him often. Then he said one instance was of Lucy being in a room where she said she and RICKY fought a lot and he checked it out and they had. But his saying Ricky instead of Desi reminded me of Robert Stack's Desi speech at Lucy's Kennedy Center induction where Desi said and Robert Stack read "Lucy, Viv FRED and I" instead of Bill.

On Joy Behar's show last night, after she went through another wasted half hour on that court case, she finally talked about something else, she had Ray Romano for a few unscheduled minutes and also had James Von Pragg sp? and he mentionned that Lucy comes to him often. Then he said one instance was of Lucy being in a room where she said she and RICKY fought a lot and he checked it out and they had. But his saying Ricky instead of Desi reminded me of Robert Stack's Desi speech at Lucy's Kennedy Center induction where Desi said and Robert Stack read "Lucy, Viv FRED and I" instead of Bill.

Damn! I knew I shouldn't have watched that with the sound turned off!! :rolleyes:

Coincidences just KILL me. Yesterday, i tune in to the rerun channels to see what's on and i spot two Kate and Allies so i figure i'll read the description to see if it's the one where they do Lucy and MTM, but there's no description for this event, as usual. So i tune in to another channel and catch the end of That 70's show and it's the one where all the characters are sitting around that table smoking pot and they are all Lucy characters, i just caught the last minute or so but what are the odds, i'm tuning in to check Kate and Allie to see if it's the Lucy one and instead i catch the end of That 70's show and THEIR Lucy one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The other night, i'm watching the talk shows, flipping from one to the other like crazy and i get on one just as one of the girls from GLEE, the blonde dity one, is talking about LOVING LUCY and having grown up with watching her, i forget whose show it was but i figured, what are the odds i switch channels just as she's saying that?

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching the "Red Smith" episode of Our Miss Brooks tonight and there was a reference to Lucy when Mr. Boynton was talking about a favourite quiz show:

Boynton: Have you by any chance ever heard of Lucky Lucifer?

Miss Brooks: Of the "I Love Lucifer" show?

The View just reran the ep with Rob Lowe pushing his new book and he retold that great Lucy story again, meeting her at The Oscars the year he made a fool of himself singing and dancing in that opening with Snow White, who must be snow slut by now. I mean the man had a sex tape and everything.

• 4 weeks later...

On yesterday's Let's Make a Deal, one of the prizes was the Complete I Love Lucy collection, even including the ILL movie and the First Show and pilot and everything, they even included $1500 in cash and the contestant won the whole thin. The host even asked about the show and both contestants said they knew of it and they named their favorite episodes, the lady said The Chocolates and the host said Vita although he could not pronounce it completely. The audience gave a great RESPONSE to the prize and the show also. :lucydesi::lucy1::bill1::desi1::viv1: