Lucy Sightings!

Brock

4 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

Today I saw a lady with an I Love Lucy purse and complimented her on it. All I received back was a very terse "thank you" and the story ends there. You'd think someone who carries around the show's logo all the time would want to strike up a brief conversation with a fellow fan, but no!

Yeah, really. If I ever saw a Lucy license plate i'd want to flag them off the road to talk. Sadly I have not ever encountered one and know all the good combinations are taken in PA, damn it. 

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2019 at 1:32 PM, Freddie2 said:

Today I saw a lady with an I Love Lucy purse and complimented her on it. All I received back was a very terse "thank you" and the story ends there. You'd think someone who carries around the show's logo all the time would want to strike up a brief conversation with a fellow fan, but no!

:vanda:

On 1/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, Luvsbway said:

Yeah, really. If I ever saw a Lucy license plate i'd want to flag them off the road to talk. Sadly I have not ever encountered one and know all the good combinations are taken in PA, damn it. 

Bet you saw a few while you were here in LA doing Drew Carey! :lucythrill:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is not the first time Bill Maher has inserted a Lucy reference into his "New Rules" segment.   It's amazing that clips that are now 67 years old garner immediate (and loving) audience response.  At 9 seconds in, here Donna Brazile say off-camera "I love that episode"

• Like 1

The Arnazes are featured on the center of a new special Closer issue about scandals in classic TV shows. I didn't press any farther, because I can't imagine it had anything special to say. Wasn't there a time when the magazine actually had some standards? Now it's just a gossip rag for people who don't care about Beyonce.

8 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

The Arnazes are featured on the center of a new special Closer issue about scandals in classic TV shows. I didn't press any farther, because I can't imagine it had anything special to say. Wasn't there a time when the magazine actually had some standards? Now it's just a gossip rag for people who don't care about Beyonce.

It seems like in the past year this magazine went from some nice articles to just a tabloid about older/dead celebrities.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.romper.com/p/tv-mom-firsts-almost-complete-timeline-of-rule-breaking-small-screen-matriarchs-16950797

Hmm... Not digging the fact that Lucy is only mentioned as a footnote in the Mary Kay and Johnny section. Also, no mention of TV's first divorced mom, Vivian Bagley? And couldn't Viv technically make the case for the first "Remarried Mom" rather than Carol Brady? 

In the 1950 Mickey Rooney film “He’s a Cockeyed Wonder,” Terry Moore and her date go to a drive-in movie to see The Fuller Brush Girl. Lucy and Eddie Albert’s names are prominently displayed on the marquee. I only watched this three minute scene and it was clear from that that the movie was unbearably terrible. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Brock said:

I was watching Valley of the Dolls tonight (don’t ask) and was sure this Lucy sighting in Helen Lawson’s dressing room had been posted before — but, maybe it was on the old Lounge, so here it is again. 

28460079-6655-4CC9-8F0E-1BB6BC47809E.jpeg

Great catch, and Valley Of The Dolls is an acceptable guilty pleasure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lucy in London writer Ron Friedman returned to Gilbert Gottfried's podcast for their latest episode. He tells a brief story about being at the Roxbury House. The doorbell rang and Lucy asked Cleo to see who it was. Apparently it was a woman who knew where Lucy lived and wanted to use the bathroom. Lucy told Cleo to tell the woman to "go fuck herself, this isn't a Union Station." Also, Gilbert briefly ragged on good old "unwatchable" Life With Lucy:lucymeh: