Brock

Lucy Sightings!

Lucie shared it on her Instagram last week. It reminds me of that viral video from a few years ago that paired a ton of old movie musical clips with Bruno Mars' "Uptown Funk". I really, really hope that the success of a clip like that (albeit a small success in internet numbers) led a few people to learn more about Lucy's post-ILL career, as well as possibly introduce them to Ginger and Lucie.

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been shared here before (heck, maybe I've even shared it), but tonight I remembered this very funny segment from This American Life that features a little talk about Lucy:

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/45/media-fringe/act-four

It's featured on some 20-year-old CD set of the show that was in our house for many years, and in the days before you could stream anything and everything online, I'd often pull it out for a few laughs.

In the finale of Mrs. America, Betty Friedan mentions Lucie Arnaz, Paul Newman, and Carl Reiner as runners in an ERA run in the Hamptons. Although the scene appeared to take place in November 1980, the actual run was in September 1979. Lucie would have been eight months pregnant in November 1980!