Lucy Sightings!

Brock

"The Camping Trip" was mentioned on Parks & Recreation tonight. Rashida Jones' character was camping with a group of scouts and she reeled in a big fish. She later revealed she had bought the fish she caught at the store and had been standing there with the fish in the water pre-hooked to her line for half an hour. She said she got the idea from watching I Love Lucy. ;)

I was sent to cover the 50th anniversary of a local Catholic school today and they had the neat idea to do theme rooms, one representing each decade. On the wall of the '80s room was an enlarged copy of People's "Remembering Lucy" cover.

Okay, Brock Dear, spill: name of school; locality; what room was Lucy-themed for the 80's....thanks - will go in chronology nicely for this date. TODAY, right? Love, JK

"The Camping Trip" was mentioned on Parks & Recreation tonight. Rashida Jones' character was camping with a group of scouts and she reeled in a big fish. She later revealed she had bought the fish she caught at the store and had been standing there with the fish in the water pre-hooked to her line for half an hour. She said she got the idea from watching I Love Lucy. ;)

I really love that show, it's not laugh-a-minute or anything, but it always makes me happy.

• Like 1

Okay, Brock Dear, spill: name of school; locality; what room was Lucy-themed for the 80's....thanks - will go in chronology nicely for this date. TODAY, right? Love, JK

It was St. Joseph Catholic School in Aurora, ON. It wasn't a Lucy themed room but just a bunch of magazines from the 80s. There were also covers with the Kennedy women, a couple of JFK, and another of Marilyn Monroe on display.

Mr. and Mrs. Mertz were just mentioned by comedian Patton Oswalt in Talking Dead -- the live chat show following The Walking Dead.

They were talking about a scene in which another character is underneath a corpse and he joked, "How dare they copy that scene from I Love Lucy! Everybody remembers the scenes where Fred is throwing corpses on Ethel!"

• Like 1

Totally forgot about Rosie LAST night, not in that habit yet, but glad i saw her tonight, first of all she had The Nanny on, Fran Drescher, promoting her new TV Land HIT SHOW. Then, she brought out Cheryl Hines who's in the new HIT show Subergatory or whatever it's called and she talked about her early inspirations Lucy and Carol and MTM to which Roe replied she was always more Ethel and Rhoda than Lucy or Mary.

Apparently Food Network personality Sandra Lee dressed up as Lucy for her Hallowe'en special yesterday. "Lucy" starts around 2:35 into the video. :blink:

http://jezebel.com/5852807/the-best-four-minutes-of-sandra-lees-ridiculous-halloween-special

Actually, Lucy starts a bit before that when she's stomping grapes. I thought she was terrific, however, when giving her recipe, she could have said it was with Vitameatavegamin instead of Vodka. :lucythrill:

Writer/comedian Frank DeCaro was just on The Rosie Show promoting his book "The Dead Celebrities' Cookbook." He presented Lucy's recipe for goulash. (Rosie: Maybe Vivian Vance and Gale Gordon came over and ate this!) Frank DeCaro mentioned that Viv never liked Bill Frawley and Rosie asked him if he ever read the "juicy biography" written about Viv. :D

Writer/comedian Frank DeCaro was just on The Rosie Show promoting his book "The Dead Celebrities' Cookbook." He presented Lucy's recipe for goulash. (Rosie: Maybe Vivian Vance and Gale Gordon came over and ate this!) Frank DeCaro mentioned that Viv never liked Bill Frawley and Rosie asked him if he ever read the "juicy biography" written about Viv. :D

Did Lucy actually cook that goulash or did she have the help do it and then stick it in the oven to warm it up and then claimed credit for it? LOL. I heard a story about that once, I think it was Mary Wickes.

Here's the recipe: http://www.oprah.com/rosie/Lucille-Balls-Sunday-Night-Goulash-Recipe

Thanks so much for mentionning THIS Harry, i was able to see it on the replayed Midnight showing, should have recorded it. There was a photo of Lucy and what the great fan said was worth hearing too, mentionning her 100th and the show's 60th, what a pleasant surprise.

Currently watching the very interesting "America in Primetime" first installment "Independent Women." There are several flattering Lucille Ball and I Love Lucy mentions.

MTM: What would Lucy do? Lucy was the Queen.

Yes, i recorded it but it started off so boring and then those goddamned close ups into their nostrils, half the credits were off screen for me, what the hell's the deal with that? I saw that Roseanne has a cavity in her bottom molar and Ray Romano has Robert Redford skin it seems, back off camera guys!

Yes, i recorded it but it started off so boring and then those goddamned close ups into their nostrils, half the credits were off screen for me, what the hell's the deal with that? I saw that Roseanne has a cavity in her bottom molar and Ray Romano has Robert Redford skin it seems, back off camera guys!

The dangers of hi-def!