Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Lucy & Desi's story is a seven page chapter between Lombard & Gable and Bogart & Bacall, so it is very condensed. Two glaring errors -- she claims Lucy bought RKO after buying out Desi, and she also claims "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do" was an "oft-repeated" phrase for Mr. Ricardo.

You know, i can't be sure, but i think i may have found that book one time but read their part in the store and not bought the book BECAUSE of those glaring errors. I refuse to purchase anything that has such obvious things wrong stated as facts.

Laura Dern, daughter of Diane Ladd and Bruce Dern talking on Ellen today mentions LUCY when describing her character on Enlightened, her new show on Cable. Laura's always been a HUGE Lucy fan so the mention is fleeting. So much so that i just caught Lucy's name the first time and had to rewatch Ellen at another time period to get the whole thing. Oh, i'm so glad my post number 35,000 was about Lucy at least.

Laura Dern, daughter of Diane Ladd and Bruce Dern talking on Ellen today mentions LUCY when describing her character on Enlightened, her new show on Cable. Laura's always been a HUGE Lucy fan so the mention is fleeting. So much so that i just caught Lucy's name the first time and had to rewatch Ellen at another time period to get the whole thing. Oh, i'm so glad my post number 35,000 was about Lucy at least.

I saw this one today! She said her character was like Lucy in that you always knew something was going to go wrong. Funny how she took something so serious and compared it to the lighthearted Lucy Ricardo; which, I compare all my life moments to anything Lucille Ball, so I can't blame her!

I saw this one today! She said her character was like Lucy in that you always knew something was going to go wrong. Funny how she took something so serious and compared it to the lighthearted Lucy Ricardo; which, I compare all my life moments to anything Lucille Ball, so I can't blame her!

So true, i do too, and welcome Sydney!

Jaime Presley, used to be on that EARL show which i never watched and now has I Hate my Teenage Daughter. Well, she guested on tonight's Chelsey Lately, renewed for the next two years by the way, nice to see a woman succeed on late night. Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyy, she went on and on about Desi, her son speaking Spanish because his dad is Cuban, Desi and Lucy inventing the three camera shoot, Lucy being her idol, Lucy's pregnancy and being hidden by props on the show and many many falsehoods in her facts about the great star and couple. Lucy being the first for so many things including running a studio, anyway, she went on and on about Lucy and although i never cared for the woman before, I LOVE HER NOW!

Jaime Presley, used to be on that EARL show which i never watched and now has I Hate my Teenage Daughter. Well, she guested on tonight's Chelsey Lately, renewed for the next two years by the way, nice to see a woman succeed on late night. Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyy, she went on and on about Desi, her son speaking Spanish because his dad is Cuban, Desi and Lucy inventing the three camera shoot, Lucy being her idol, Lucy's pregnancy and being hidden by props on the show and many many falsehoods in her facts about the great star and couple. Lucy being the first for so many things including running a studio, anyway, she went on and on about Lucy and although i never cared for the woman before, I LOVE HER NOW!

Claude: I want to add this 'bit' about Presley in the chronology - excuse my stupidity; but, what is EARL???? Thanks for your speedy reply....loving you, JK

I worked with her for a few years on "My Name Is Earl." She's a gem to work with, charming and sassy, and is definitely very fond of Lucy. Makes her okay in my book!!!

I worked with her for a few years on "My Name Is Earl." She's a gem to work with, charming and sassy, and is definitely very fond of Lucy. Makes her okay in my book!!!

Laura!

Great seeing you again the other night -- too bad Jimmy couldn't join you! -- and what a lovely pic of two of the nicest people we've BOTH had the pleasure of "growing up with"! :D

It was such a treat to see Wanda and Frank there and of course, all the other "notables" in attendance. Looking forward to tomorrow night now! ;)

Laura!

Great seeing you again the other night -- too bad Jimmy couldn't join you! -- and what a lovely pic of two of the nicest people we've BOTH had the pleasure of "growing up with"! :D

It was such a treat to see Wanda and Frank there and of course, all the other "notables" in attendance. Looking forward to tomorrow night now! ;)

Indeed!! You, too. Bring on tomorrow night!!