Lucie and Desi Jr. Included on New Dean Martin Show DVD Set

HarryCarter

On November 8, Time Life is releasing a "Best of the Dean Martin Show" DVD set. Apparently included will be the episode featuring Frank Sinatra Jr.; Dean Paul, Deana and Gail Martin (Dean’s children); Lucie Arnaz & Desi Arnaz Jr.; Maureen Reagan; Meredith MacRae; and Billy Hinsche. This is the second volume in a Dean collection. The first volume has received awful reviews because the episodes on the DVD set were so heavily edited. Since this particular episode features Dean's children, perhaps the Dean Martin estate will go out of their way to make sure we get it complete.

Our 6-DVD Collector's Edition captures all the glory, the glamour and the glitz of Dean Martin and the greatest era in show business. For the first time at retail, Time Life's newest DVD release gives us even more Dino -- The King of Cool: The Best of the Dean Martin Variety Show, Collector's Edition contains an irresistible blend of classic entertainment showcasing only the best moments from Dean's hit TV show.

Dean and his incredible celebrity guests fascinated us music and outrageous comedy skits. Following on the heels of the multi-platimum retail success, The King of Cool: The Best of the Dean Martin Variety Show, Collector's Edition showcases the comedy of Red Buttons, Mickey Rooney, Sid Caesar, Jackie Mason, Bill Cosby, Carroll O'Connor, Bob Newhart. Rounding out this all-star cast are musical delights by Ella Fitzgerald, Eddie Fisher, Louis Armstrong, Johnny Mathis, Liberace, Herb Albert and The Supremes. Our 6-DVD set includes 18 episodes with 128 musical songs and countless comedy sketches.

The Dean Martin Variety Show first aired on NBC in 1965 and remains a one-of-a-kind in the history of TV. For almost ten years Dean captivated the public, showing us he could do it all. Whether it was Dean's familiar entrance sliding down a pole or the famous living room door, where you never knew who was going to walk through, Dean captured all of us with his easy informality and incomparable charm and talent. He was a buddy to all the guys and a darling to the ladies...today, he's cool to all ages!

This past June, Time-Life released The Dean Martin Show - The Best Of, Collector's Edition, a six DVD set. Now we've learned that Time Life will be following up on November 8th - just three weeks away! - with another 6-disc release titled "The Dean Martin Show - The King of Cool, Collector's Edition" Priced at $59.95 SRP, you can pre-order it now from Amazon.com (see the button link just over the cover art shown below). Like the previous releases of this show, we expect these episodes to contain as much material and music as Time Life is able to get clearances for, from a rights and legal standpoint. In-depth details haven't been provided so far about the contents, however, but stay tuned and we'll pass them along if we're able to. Our thanks to reader Chris Greulich for the heads-up about this item!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dean-Martin-The-King-of-Cool/16109#ixzz1bfMeLnDD

My link

The Golddiggers' website has information on what episodes will be included.

vlcsnap-2011-10-23-18h21m52s169.jpg?w=433&h=325

On November 8, Time Life is releasing a "Best of the Dean Martin Show" DVD set. Apparently included will be the episode featuring Frank Sinatra Jr.; Dean Paul, Deana and Gail Martin (Dean’s children); Lucie Arnaz & Desi Arnaz Jr.; Maureen Reagan; Meredith MacRae; and Billy Hinsche. This is the second volume in a Dean collection. The first volume has received awful reviews because the episodes on the DVD set were so heavily edited. Since this particular episode features Dean's children, perhaps the Dean Martin estate will go out of their way to make sure we get it complete.

My link

The Golddiggers' website has information on what episodes will be included.

vlcsnap-2011-10-23-18h21m52s169.jpg?w=433&h=325

Shouldn't they have gone boy girl boy girl and why is wayne newton's illigitimate son in the front row?

Shouldn't they have gone boy girl boy girl and why is wayne newton's illigitimate son in the front row?

That's Billy Hinsche (who actually isn't a celebrity's child). I assume they wanted to put Dino, Desi & Billy in the first row. I guess they didn't want to put Frank Sinatra Jr. in with them, so they stuck Meredith MacRae in between.

That's Billy Hinsche (who actually isn't a celebrity's child). I assume they wanted to put Dino, Desi & Billy in the first row. I guess they didn't want to put Frank Sinatra Jr. in with them, so they stuck Meredith MacRae in between.

Oh i KNEW it was Billy, but thought that too, who the hell are HIS famous parents, he doesn't have any! :marionstrong:

Ok, it makes sense to have him there with Dino and Desi, but the poor kid must've felt somewhat funny with all those other celeb kids there. lol

Oh i know he had to be there as part of Dino Desi and Billy, why would they have two of the three members, but his parents were not KNOWN in show business circles like Lucy and Dean Martin were. He'd never be asked to present trophies as part of the second generation of stars at the Golden Globes, that's fer dang shur! LOL!

• 3 months later...

he opened a door never knowing which celebrity was behind it and Lucy surprised him one time, that was great.

Yes. She tells Dean that in celebration of her 20th TV anniversary, she's having her picture taken with all the great talents working in TV... and walks past Dean, to pose with pianist Ken Lane.

Yes. She tells Dean that in celebration of her 20th TV anniversary, she's having her picture taken with all the great talents working in TV... and walks past Dean, to pose with pianist Ken Lane.

Oh yeah, now i remember, this was my all time favorite scene on his show, my second favorite was when he jumped on the piano as he always did on each show but this time it was a breakaway piano that fell into pieces. :marionstrong:

Archived