Last Lucy Item You Bought?

Brock

A friend gave me an Amazon giftcard for my birthday, so one of the things I bought was that best of Here's Lucy from Shout factory a few years ago.  I own some of the episodes and have seen a majority, but apparently it has different bonus features from MPI.

The features include the audience warm up w/ 2nd husband Gary Morton... I'm hoping his stand-up is everything it's cracked up to be! :gary:  :marionstrong:

I bought the Lucy Harpo Marx Fashion doll.  It's really great.  It's from Ashton Drake and it's number 7 in a series.  The other six are:

1. Vitametavegamin

2. Chocolate Factory

3. Be a Pal

4. Don Loper Fashion Show w/Lucy all sunburn

5. Charm School

6. Pioneer Woman

It sells for $110.00.  I don't have them all but I do have Vitameta, Don Loper Hollywood Fashion Show, Charm School and Harpo Marx.

• 4 weeks later...

What was up with Parade magazine?  Check out the titles of the articles.  Also the issue on the respective party was done within months of them marrying the new spouse.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151230266925?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281263574547?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• 1 month later...

My parents and I went out to a few estate sales this weekend. I found Solotaire board game, Disney magazine 1974, People Magazine 1989, and a newspaper clipping with Desi and Desi Jr from 1974. All for under $9. The quality on these items were pretty awesome too, so I couldn't pass it up.

Along with a vintage hat, purse, sweater, gloves, lipstick holder, and 4 sets of pearls. I was in heaven!

• 1 month later...

I love finding Lucy stuff in unexpected places. On the first Sunday of June, our Town holds a street sale which is billed as "the longest in the world". Today, I decided to walk the entire thing from one end to the other and back again for the first time (despite living here for nine-odd years). It is mostly vendors of the businesses that line the street, with some oddball things mixed in and I found a still-wrapped unopened box of the 1991 I Love Lucy trading cards for $5 and, at long last, the "Native American" TLS comic book for a whopping $2! My TLS comic book collection is now complete. Now to find the three ILL comic books I am missing...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a very unexpected surprise today -- a local Lucy fan (who joined the Lucy Lounge a year or so ago) is downsizing his house and just dropped off two bankers' boxes of Lucy stuff at my office! :HALKING: I haven't had a chance to go through the whole thing yet, but so far I see a YM&O album, a framed ad from Lover Come Back, The I Love Lucy Quiz Book (Bart Andrews) edition, and a plethora of books, magazines, and clippings!

Will report back tonight.

Just picked up a copy of the 1954 bio on Lucy, haven’t received it yet. I had always wanted to read this but wanted to get a cheap copy. I know this book was probably mined for all the good stuff for other bios but I’m curious as to what it does contain. Is it more heavily focused on one decade over others as it only goes up to her early TV success? Any good stories that might be fun to read but didn’t show up anywhere else? All things I’m wondering and looking forward to reading.

How much was Lucy involved with this book and can we call it an authorized bio? Using the name of Eleanor Harris on the show gives me a pretty good indication that Lucy at least approved of the woman and I would hope what was written about her