Happy 95th Birthday, Marjorie Lord!

I just stumbled upon this VERY GROOVY old newsreel of a very young Marjorie Lord touring around the 1938 Home Expo. The video doesn't say that it is her, but who are the other two women here? I feel like I have seen the "mother" on the right in a Lucy vehicle but can't place the face:

• 8 months later...

I just stumbled upon this VERY GROOVY old newsreel of a very young Marjorie Lord touring around the 1938 Home Expo. The video doesn't say that it is her, but who are the other two women here? I feel like I have seen the "mother" on the right in a Lucy vehicle but can't place the face:

Can it be the wicked witch of the ..... from Wizard of Oz?? JK

• 2 months later...

I had the great pleasure of meeting her about five years ago. She didn't look anywhere close to that age. She was the most charming and gracious woman and happy to chat with fans. She was every bit as kind as she comes across on television. She said she had been roommates with Vivian Vance early in their careers, something I didn't know. Anybody here know that? She was very fond of Ms. Vance. By the way, Brock, that Home Expo clip is a cool find.

I had the great pleasure of meeting her about five years ago. She didn't look anywhere close to that age. She was the most charming and gracious woman and happy to chat with fans. She was every bit as kind as she comes across on television. She said she had been roommates with Vivian Vance early in their careers, something I didn't know. Anybody here know that? She was very fond of Ms. Vance. By the way, Brock, that Home Expo clip is a cool find.

Yes, we've read that many times, always a class act, i've loved her forever!

Of course you already knew that. :) I'm two steps behind.

Sorry for the way it sounded, i get annoyed when reading something over and over, which is strange seeing as i always reread something i have already read about her over and over and watch all of her shows over and over . . . :lucythrill: But after criticizing the picture, i wanted t emphasize that i have always LOVED and ADORED that actress from her days on The Danny Thomas shows' various incarnations.

• 9 months later...

Happy 95th Birthday to the lovely Marjorie Lord!

This spring, Marjorie published a newly revised edition of her memoir, which is available for purchase at www.marjorielord.com

So happy she is enjoying such a long life and she looks pretty healthy too!

Archived