Behind-the-Scenes Gallery

Lucy's high kicks are noting short of amazing----not only kicking higher and more effortlessly than all the half-her-age chorines surrounding her, but also the other Mames that exist on video:---Angela from the 1983 revival ang Ginger in London.   My only problem is that the way this shot is composed, it's not really evident.  I don't know what they could have done differently.  One of the problems is that Lucy is in black so the elevation of the kick doesn't show like it should have. 

Is the other shot from some scene edited out?

I can't remember which scene in which she wore this outfit and wig. 

And the set?  Looks like the chair where John McGiver opened the movie?

I wonder if somewhere in the Warners vault exists the deleted scenes, this and the bicycle ride.

A deleted dance sequence, from the "Open a New Window" speakeasy scene is featured on the trailer.

412743827.jpg

412743826.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Based on Lucy's hair and the fact I've seen the shirt before I'm going 56/57. Love Desi in shorts.

You're probably right but it reminded me of her "Havana" hair (which I don't find flattering or giving off the illusion of her being almost 20 years younger, quite the opposite!) so I was thinking that era. :lucyhmm:

• 2 weeks later...

You're probably right but it reminded me of her "Havana" hair (which I don't find flattering or giving off the illusion of her being almost 20 years younger, quite the opposite!) so I was thinking that era. :lucyhmm:

These were taken by Business Week during the production of The Celebrity Next Door.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LB looking for her cue card perhaps? :vanda:

You're right, of course.  But at least she has the decency to look in the general direction of who she's talking to. Unlike the SNL players of today who more or less just stare right at them, regardless of the position of the person they're talking to.   I watched an old SNL with Phil Hartman and that gang and they've got their lines down.  To be fair, it's possible that sketches today are rewritten right before air and they haven't had time to learn new lines. 

Viewing HL episodes years later, I seem to recall her cue card reading and reliance on them being more obvious than it really was.  I rarely catch her looking at them.  I remember the Don Knotts episode: Don read his whole Ben-Fred speech directly off cards. 

I've never understood why the cards cannot be placed more within her (or anyone's) line of sight.

When she glances at them, even for a split second, her concentration is broken and it makes the whole thing a little less believable. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...