Behind-the-Scenes Gallery

It’s those kinds of reviews that I think are really unfair. Half of it seems to knock the musical itself. It was a big Broadway hit so why not make it into a musical. Also calling Lucy slow is just a cheap shot. What the hell does that even mean? Her dancing? She’s doing the same stuff from Bway.

I also get a kick out of the 4:00 Movie ad. Wow it’s such a coveted time spot to run while everyone is at work. What should we do as VCRs probably were not invented yet. Hope those Lucy fans in Boston took the afternoon off.

I'm thinking 'somewhere' in the chronology research I came across, looking at the phto with Lucille on the telephone, the first transcountry telepone cable line, from NY to LA, was had, with L. Pauline Lopus (I think), from the Hotel Jamestown, making a call to Lucille on set.  Of course, I'm probably 'dreaming'; but, it seems like I remember something like that.

From what I learned in school, I think the first trans continental line was made early in the century- around 1920ish. But don't quote me because this is just off the top of my head.

You are probably right; but, Jamestown is probably way-behind the times....tee hee!   On the other hand, perhaps what I'm remembering is the first 'direct-dial' cross-country phone call; i.e., without operators.  When I have time, I'll investigate.   JK

• Like 1

"Loses $2000" is one of my favorites of the first season.  I love both characters' delivery of the line "Merry Christmas!"

Time magazine used to do a preview of a few noteworthy shows in the upcoming week on TV with a one-line blurb.  This is the first "Lucy Show" episode mentioned and  they added to the description of the plot that the series "does just fine without Desi".

ele.jpeg

• Like 1

Charles Lane-Sandra Gould spin-off idea "Our Miss Thomas".....With the holidays months away, Miss Thomas balances her checking account by borrowing from the Carmichael Christmas Club account.  When Lucy comes in for an early withdrawal, Miss Thomas tries to distract Barnsdahl by giving him a ride in her "Tunnel of Love".

Or "Katie and Grandma"---Grandma Reta catches up with bratty Katy and wipes the smile off the tyke's face that same way she did McKinley's. Child Welfare Clerk: Iris Adrian

ele.jpeg