Brock

Behind-the-Scenes Gallery

The same show had her doing her wonderful "I Remember It Well" duet with Bob Hope and looking terrific.

That song was so great, but I remember Bob doing a little ad lib that kinda ruined the sentimentality of it. That guy was always fishing for a laugh.

That song was so great, but I remember Bob doing a little ad lib that kinda ruined the sentimentality of it. That guy was always fishing for a laugh.

What do you SPECT from a ham?  

In all the "Mame" hoopla before it premiered, II don't remember any mention of Robert Preston--who's also absent from the Merv Griffin premiere.

My impression is that they did not get along.  You'd never know by his performance.  He dutifully "looks adoringly at" Lucy during the whole "Loving You" number.

The full color shot in her "Its' Today" outfit: it's completely in focus and she looks fine.

4630.jpeg

Came across an article about a party hosted for reporters on the WB lot and Robert and Jane were mentioned being there. Of course that could have been part of their contracts so who knows.

Thanks, Shelly and Claude; never knew what HE looked like....  I appreciate it.

When Lucy attended the Oscars with Hope, Walter Matthau, who introduced them said ARMY ARCHERD INTERVIEWS YOU AND YOU'RE A LEGEND, meaning in those days, everybody thought they were a legend, then he introduced TWO living legends, Lucy and Hope.

In all the "Mame" hoopla before it premiered, II don't remember any mention of Robert Preston--who's also absent from the Merv Griffin premiere.

My impression is that they did not get along.  You'd never know by his performance.  He dutifully "looks adoringly at" Lucy during the whole "Loving You" number.

The full color shot in her "Its' Today" outfit: it's completely in focus and she looks fine.

There ya go, starting another rumor, i saw them both together at several Mame things, so in the words of Lucy Ricardo, STOP THAT NOW! 

• Like 1

That last photo has always been one of my favorite Mame shots.

The one in red?  Yeah, i even got a cross on a chain that's exactly like the one she wears there.