What was the last episode you watched on "The Lucy And Desi Comedy Hour"?

I wonder why they only released three of those We Love Lucy specials with three episodes each and not the other FOUR shows left, not included.

I didn't know they left off the rest of The Lucy And Desi Comedy Hour from this revamp half an hour format. I like that they recap the first part of the show in the second part so if you missed the first part you can understand the storyline in the second. The intro to the show is like "The Lucy Show" intro of the second and third season.

I didn't know they left off the rest of The Lucy And Desi Comedy Hour from this revamp half an hour format. I like that they recap the first part of the show in the second part so if you missed the first part you can understand the storyline in the second. The intro to the show is like "The Lucy Show" intro of the second and third season.

The three stars who anchored the shows were great too, Lucie Arnaz, Ann Jilian and the great Betty White of course.

I watched today "We Love Lucy" which are the "The Lucy And Desi Comedy Hour" done in a half an hour mode. I watched the first and second part of "Milton Berle Hides Out At The Ricardos"!!!

I actually loved the Uncle Miltie one. I think it was the first time those two greats got together on a show. Mr Television and the First Lady of Television.

I actually loved the Uncle Miltie one. I think it was the first time those two greats got together on a show. Mr Television and the First Lady of Television.

But the absence of a real audience and the overdone laugh track on this installment was downright annoying, so much so I rarely watch it despite it having it's "moments". lucydaze.JPG

But the absence of a real audience and the overdone laugh track on this installment was downright annoying, so much so I rarely watch it despite it having it's "moments". lucydaze.JPG

I noticed that they recorded the singing and dubbed it later. When Vivian is singing at one moment of her song, it sounds like it is not coming from her mouth. Some have stated on here that it doesn't sound like Vivian's voice but after yesterday's viewing, I sounds like her voice.

Doesn't Lucy double look alot like Ethel Mertz(Vivian Vance) especially her weight and hairstyle? Now attempting to overlook the technical stuff, the episode is pretty good. They have alot of funny slapstick moments in it.

I noticed that they recorded the singing and dubbed it later. When Vivian is singing at one moment of her song, it sounds like it is not coming from her mouth. Some have stated on here that it doesn't sound like Vivian's voice but after yesterday's viewing, I sounds like her voice.

Doesn't Lucy double look alot like Ethel Mertz(Vivian Vance) especially her weight and hairstyle? Now attempting to overlook the technical stuff, the episode is pretty good. They have alot of funny slapstick moments in it.

I dunno, I'm not a big Berle fan and this was one of my least favorite hour-longs so I rarely watch it. GIve me Tallulah, Danny Thomas or "Wakey Flakies" anyday! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

From August 1962: the top three shows in the ratings for that month were Bonanza, Ed Sullivan and "those vintage but funny" Lucy-Desi Hours, in that order but running neck-and-neck.

Pretty impressive and must have made CBS feel confident that their new "Lucy Show" would do well. Which it did, but the surprise runaway hit of the season was "The beverly Hillbillies".

This was the 13 hours first (of 5) full run as a series under "The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour" name and was scheduled on Mondays from 9 to 10 as a summer replacement for Danny Thomas and Andy Griffith.

Interesting that this columnist called the hours "vintage" when they were only 2 to 5 years old!

• Like 1

From August 1962: the top three shows in the ratings for that month were Bonanza, Ed Sullivan and "those vintage but funny" Lucy-Desi Hours, in that order but running neck-and-neck.

Pretty impressive and must have made CBS feel confident that their new "Lucy Show" would do well. Which it did, but the surprise runaway hit of the season was "The beverly Hillbillies".

This was the 13 hours first (of 5) full run as a series under "The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour" name and was scheduled on Mondays from 9 to 10 as a summer replacement for Danny Thomas and Andy Griffith.

Interesting that this columnist called the hours "vintage" when they were only 2 to 5 years old!

Yeah, what does she call them NOW? We forget how BIG Bonanza and Sullivan were at that time and Hillbillies was a friggin sensation with ratings that took decades to beat in some cases. I mostly remember watching The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour in the summer when i was off school, it was a HUGE hit in the summer reruns.

• 1 month later...

Been watching We Love Lucy on Hallmark Channel all morning long so far. And I am not liking what I am seeing. They really have done a number on this program which comes to editing. And the places they stop for commercial breaks are bewildering. Needless to say, I am so glad this show is available on DVD in unedited form.

• Like 1