Lucy Fest 2012!

Brock

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Well, finally was able to H E A R it and she speaks well and i like the comedy F I L M aspect of it. The new manayer is quite attractive too. She's got a nice little Lisa Kudrow thing going on!

When I want the kind of comedy that came to Jamestown last year, I will call my family for a game night. I want everything Lucy at my festival!

When I want the kind of comedy that came to Jamestown last year, I will call my family for a game night. I want everything Lucy at my festival!

I agree. These Center people need to get in touch with the fans. I think they are just seeing dollar signs.

Okay, I'm going to make my first (?) post on the "new" board, although I've been here for eons....in spirit.... :D

The last time I went to Jamestown was in 2005. I had a blast. Meeting Mary Rapaport was a joy, seeing Fred Ball again before he died, and meeting Barbara Eden -- for me, that was LIKE WOW! But you know, that was pretty much it for me. I haven't been interested since. No "headliner" has really caught my attention....and personally, I feel like everyone that was really associated with Lucy has either passed, is too ill, or they don't really do the festivals anymore....or I've already met those people on multiple occasions. I guess there's no...."fresh" blood? It's definitely understandable because time passes, people age, it's the life cycle. I also had no desire to pay $1,000 to meet Joan Rivers.

My....heh, "friends" told me that I wasn't really a fan anymore. The love has always been there. I just don't feel like I have to go spend three days in a Western New York town and blow thousands of dollars that I don't have on merchandise that ends up in storage for eight years to prove it.

Oh well. That's just my $0.02.

Okay, I'm going to make my first (?) post on the "new" board, although I've been here for eons....in spirit.... :D

The last time I went to Jamestown was in 2005. I had a blast. Meeting Mary Rapaport was a joy, seeing Fred Ball again before he died, and meeting Barbara Eden -- for me, that was LIKE WOW! But you know, that was pretty much it for me. I haven't been interested since. No "headliner" has really caught my attention....and personally, I feel like everyone that was really associated with Lucy has either passed, is too ill, or they don't really do the festivals anymore....or I've already met those people on multiple occasions. I guess there's no...."fresh" blood? It's definitely understandable because time passes, people age, it's the life cycle. I also had no desire to pay $1,000 to meet Joan Rivers.

My....heh, "friends" told me that I wasn't really a fan anymore. The love has always been there. I just don't feel like I have to go spend three days in a Western New York town and blow thousands of dollars that I don't have on merchandise that ends up in storage for eight years to prove it.

Oh well. That's just my $0.02.

I am still a blast if you want to come and see me:) Too many politics at the Center to be involved. I do not need the drama:) Have you checked out 59lucylane.com:

So...what's the story behind the Fajita, Mel? :marionstrong:

Oh yes, the Fajita. :D

Well, a friend from another forum and I watch this show on TruTV called "Full Throttle Saloon". It's about a big bar at a biker rally that takes place in Sturgis, SD every year. There have been two people that manage a food court in the bar that specializes in (what else) fajitas , Fajita Mike and Fajita Liz. One shows up to work tanked every day, and the other is a complete control freak. So my friend messaged me one night and said "Are you more like Mike or Liz -- completely relaxed and drinking people under the table, or a ball-busting bitch?" I replied "Well, a little of both I suppose, but I'd run the place better than either one of them!" We carried on for a few more minutes and thus, Fajita Mel was born.

I must add that I do not condone drinking on the job.

Maybe she had a taco at Taco Hut in Jamestown?

Ooh....what is this Taco Hut you speak of, and why did I not know of it before? :HALKING: Unlimited sour cream and pico de gallo, and I'm your girl!!

Oh yes, the Fajita. :D

Well, a friend from another forum and I watch this show on TruTV called "Full Throttle Saloon". It's about a big bar at a biker rally that takes place in Sturgis, SD every year. There have been two people that manage a food court in the bar that specializes in (what else) fajitas , Fajita Mike and Fajita Liz. One shows up to work tanked every day, and the other is a complete control freak. So my friend messaged me one night and said "Are you more like Mike or Liz -- completely relaxed and drinking people under the table, or a ball-busting bitch?" I replied "Well, a little of both I suppose, but I'd run the place better than either one of them!" We carried on for a few more minutes and thus, Fajita Mel was born.

Aw dude, I know those people. Sturgis is just 25 miles away from where I live. Dat's cool. :peachonthebeach:

Ooh....what is this Taco Hut you speak of, and why did I not know of it before? :HALKING: Unlimited sour cream and pico de gallo, and I'm your girl!!

LOL! Taco Hut is the Mexican restaurant across the road from Jamestown City Hall. I'm not a fan of Mexican food, but they have great lime margaritas.

LOL! Taco Hut is the Mexican restaurant across the road from Jamestown City Hall. I'm not a fan of Mexican food, but they have great lime margaritas.

I love Taco Hut!! My dad and I go there for dinner every year. The margaritas are very good (not the best in the world) and the food is delicious! I'm glad there's at least one place in Jamestown that seems to do great business.

I love Taco Hut!! My dad and I go there for dinner every year. The margaritas are very good (not the best in the world) and the food is delicious! I'm glad there's at least one place in Jamestown that seems to do great business.

Taco Hut and the Pub all the way:)

Archived