Lucy Fest 2012!

Brock

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess we're gonna have Claude's comments for a few more - here's one about 'her' dating;

. . . . . when you date, you must let the other person speak occasionally; that doesn't happen in her world!

You may get the idea I have disliked this woman since I was a VERY YOUNG child; she didn't live far from me....and you'd be correct in that assumption.... can we let it die now????

Well, you brought it up and from what you're saying i think you bring up your last meal every time you talk about her.

Well, you brought it up and from what you're saying i think you bring up your last meal every time you talk about her.

Actually, I think of her rarely; this forum helps me vent about her 'tactics' and un-called-for CONSTANT gossip; wish she belonged here so I could let her know what I think of her; not just me, either; few like her.... But, she has her nose and hefty prat in everything Celoron! She'll NEVER get elected; but, gets appointed to everything - perfect forums for her viciousness...

Actually, I think of her rarely; this forum helps me vent about her 'tactics' and un-called-for CONSTANT gossip; wish she belonged here so I could let her know what I think of her; not just me, either; few like her.... But, she has her nose and hefty prat in everything Celoron! She'll NEVER get elected; but, gets appointed to everything - perfect forums for her viciousness...

But don't you realize how boring the world would be without bitches like her? LOL!

• 3 months later...

Our favourite, wacky Western New York morning show, A.M. Buffalo, apparently was in Jamestown to get the latest on Lucy Fest. This video isn't available outside the US, so I sincerely hope that, for any AMericans who watch this, A.M. Buffalo is still tops in unintentionally hilarious Lucy coverage:

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/The-Lucille-Ball-Festival-Of-Comedy---June-29th-160877925.html

Our favourite, wacky Western New York morning show, A.M. Buffalo, apparently was in Jamestown to get the latest on Lucy Fest. This video isn't available outside the US, so I sincerely hope that, for any AMericans who watch this, A.M. Buffalo is still tops in unintentionally hilarious Lucy coverage:

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/The-Lucille-Ball-Festival-Of-Comedy---June-29th-160877925.html

:lucythrill: The camera does zoom in on every single object in the Ricardo livingroom set, but, unfortunately, there's no panning over to "Lucy." ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I received an e-mail this afternoon about The Lucy World Games, a new "event" for the festival. The three games are: chocolate wrapping (who can wrap the most in 1.5 minutes), Lucy trivia (he/she who answers the most questions correctly, wins) and "Lucy loop" (1.5K run/walk, bonus points for being dressed in a Lucy-related costume). Cost is $20 to register. Events will take place during the Party on the Plaza at City Hall, which includes food, drink and free live music. Winners will receive Lucy-related memorabilia or other prizes. It says all participants get a "free" shirt.

Is Party on the Plaza a multi-day thing? I'm going to assume so as the events are spread over two days. I think it's a tad disorganized to announce something like this less than a month before the festival. I sure do miss the days of those beautiful flyers with a nicely laid out itinerary. And I'd hardly call the shirt "free" when you're paying $20 to play. Will any Loungers be participating?

I received an e-mail this afternoon about The Lucy World Games, a new "event" for the festival. The three games are: chocolate wrapping (who can wrap the most in 1.5 minutes), Lucy trivia (he/she who answers the most questions correctly wins) and "Lucy loop" (1.5K run/walk, bonus points for being dressed in a Lucy-related costume). Cost is $20 to register. Events will take place during the Party on the Plaza at City Hall, which includes food, drink and free live music. Winners will receive Lucy-related memorabilia or other prizes. It says all participants get a "free" shirt.

Is Party on the Plaza a multi-day thing? I'm going to assume so as the events are spread over two days. I think it's a tad disorganized to announce something like this less than a month before the festival. I sure do miss the days of those beautiful flyers with a nicely laid out itinerary. And I'd hardly call the shirt "free" when you're paying $20 to play. Will any Loungers be participating?

nope! In my opinion this should be a free event! $20 to wrap chocolate and stomp grapes and A 'free shirt' that seems like way too much to charge

They use to do one of these contests every year. It was free then.

I rember those guides. One year I sat at work with guide in hand making a spreadsheet to figure out what to see and when to get to it and make sure I had enough time to eat and sleep sometime in there too.

I received an e-mail this afternoon about The Lucy World Games, a new "event" for the festival. The three games are: chocolate wrapping (who can wrap the most in 1.5 minutes), Lucy trivia (he/she who answers the most questions correctly wins) and "Lucy loop" (1.5K run/walk, bonus points for being dressed in a Lucy-related costume). Cost is $20 to register. Events will take place during the Party on the Plaza at City Hall, which includes food, drink and free live music. Winners will receive Lucy-related memorabilia or other prizes. It says all participants get a "free" shirt.

The trivia contest has always been an annual event that you have to pay for. I'll be doing that. They actually announced most of these events (the 1.5k might be a recent addition because I don't remember seeing that on the original schedule) when tickets went on sale a few months ago. This was probably just a reminder/promotional email.

I miss those old fliers too. They were extremely well-done and made it super easy to plan the weekend.

I thought the trivia contest was always paid for. I don't ever remember paying for wrapping chocolates or stomping grapes. Kinda curious what the 1.5K is all about, an egg race or something similar might have been more in the Lucy spirit.

I still have some of the old fliers, they're fun to read through every now and again. And I remember doing exactly what you did, Shelly, I even typed up very specific itineraries for my family, haha. Do they still do the collector's show type thing, with the people who sell older Lucy stuff? It was sort of like a garage sale of nothing but sweet Lucy stuff. I bought some of my favorite Lucy collectibles there.

Do they still do the collector's show type thing, with the people who sell older Lucy stuff? It was sort of like a garage sale of nothing but sweet Lucy stuff. I bought some of my favorite Lucy collectibles there.

Unfortunately, no. :( Many of my favorite Lucy collectibles came from there, too.

Unfortunately, no. :( Many of my favorite Lucy collectibles came from there, too.

I got these fun TV Land/I Love Lucy 50th anniversary promo pinbacks, Here's Lucy picture frame, Lucy Pepsi ad, the '54 TV Guide with Lucy, her silhouette and a blue background, the Life magazine with the Armaz family on the cover, various lobby cards. I'm sure I could ramble on...and I always drooled over some of the old posters that came in, wish they did it now as I might be able to actually afford one of them. Has the auction changed at all, what sort of rare/unique things have shown up there in recent years?

I wish they'd bring that back. The silent auction last year was interesting but I miss the boxes of Lucy stuff to paw through. (Plus, the silent auction last year ended on a very sour note for me. <_< )

I thought the trivia contest was always paid for. I don't ever remember paying for wrapping chocolates or stomping grapes. Kinda curious what the 1.5K is all about, an egg race or something similar might have been more in the Lucy spirit.

I still have some of the old fliers, they're fun to read through every now and again. And I remember doing exactly what you did, Shelly, I even typed up very specific itineraries for my family, haha. Do they still do the collector's show type thing, with the people who sell older Lucy stuff? It was sort of like a garage sale of nothing but sweet Lucy stuff. I bought some of my favorite Lucy collectibles there.

There will be plenty of vintage Lucy stuff for sale at 59 Lucy Lane. The garage sale starts Thursday and goes through Sunday. Stop by and see what we have. And for heavens sake, introduce yourself to me:) Mary Rapaport

There will be plenty of vintage Lucy stuff for sale at 59 Lucy Lane. The garage sale starts Thursday and goes through Sunday. Stop by and see what we have. And for heavens sake, introduce yourself to me:) Mary Rapaport

I think the Babalu Cafe may have some vintage stuff. You will have to stop there and check-plus they serve some awesome food!

Archived