Flubs from I Love Lucy

Perfect thread!

We had a mini Lucy marathon last night and watched 'The Diner' and 'The Black Wig'; there is one of them when Lucy comes back home with Little Ricky and she 'talks' to Ricky but her lips NEVER move!! and if you hear it closely it sounds like a 'voice over'.

Yep. There's a lot of those when it comes to the Little Ricky scenes. Like there's one where Little Ricky is bawling, looking like he is screaming. But not heard, and if you watch closely and listen closely you can tell its a voice over.

Never noticed these "loopings" and NOW I've gotta watch these AGAIN! Haha...not like it's a sacrafice.... I noticed in season 4 the one when Ricky is waiting to hear from Hollywood, Lucy is ironing....and as she goes from the kitchen to the livvvingroom, she leaves the iron hot side down on the ironingboard...yikes!! 'Course when she returns to the kitchen it is standing upright...whew...no fire that day for the Ricardos!

Viv has an obvious "looped" line in a Lucy Show episode, "Lucy Takes a Job at the Bank".

When Lucy is asking where she is going to get $30, Viv says "don't look at me." The audio is a different fidelity than the rest of the soundtrack and Viv's lips are clearly saying other words. I wonder what the original line was that got changed.

Lucie Arnaz also pointed out on the "Really in a Pickle" commentary track where one of her lines was looped.

I had see a note about that one time. I read somewhere he had a photographic memory and that's why he rememberd everyone else's lines too.

He remembered all of THEIRS as he did not have to struggle to remember his own as there were usually so few of them anyway.  I think what was important was that he knew where things were funny, unfunny, not SPLAINED enough etc, he was  a good show doctor.

• 1 year later...

While watching Lucy's Last Birthday for the umpteenth time today, I noticed for the first time that when the Friends of the Friendless make their entrance, Barbara Pepper snags her hat on the tree branch. It falls to the ground as she makes an attempt to grab it, but she just carries on. What a trooper! lol

Archived