OCTOBER 9: The Lucy Show: Official Sixth & Final Season -- COVER ART!

Mr. Wilson

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW - that is so fast after Season 5 - cant wait

Well, Season 5 took longer to prepare, I imagine because of Lucy in London and its documentary. Although Season 2 took a whole year to come out, after season 1, Seasons 3 & 4 came out pretty swiftly. So I guess this is not to unbelievable for season 6 in April! :)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Season Six of THE LUCY SHOW will NOT be issued until next fall... The April date was only tentative, and was changed a couple of months ago... Will keep you updated as things progress...

Drat the luck! :(

I had a feeling it was too good to be true. Thanks for the update.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Season Six of THE LUCY SHOW will NOT be issued until next fall... The April date was only tentative, and was changed a couple of months ago... Will keep you updated as things progress...

Listen, it's all about how you look at things. N E X T F A L L makes it seem S O F A R A W A Y , it's like a litle later THIS YEAR and getting it in the Fall means it'll get me through next winter. By the way, Spring gets here soon, summer will wizzzzzzzzzzz by as fast as usual and there you go, it's F A L L , it's not that far away! Besides, as much as i hate to admit it, i LIKE the anticipation of it all. Getting it right away in a couple of months seemed to diminish it a bit. I'm impatient normally but i love something to look forward to like this.

Listen, it's all about how you look at things. N E X T F A L L makes it seem S O F A R A W A Y , it's like a litle later THIS YEAR and getting it in the Fall means it'll get me through next winter. By the way, Spring gets here soon, summer will wizzzzzzzzzzz by as fast as usual and there you go, it's F A L L , it's not that far away! Besides, as much as i hate to admit it, i LIKE the anticipation of it all. Getting it right away in a couple of months seemed to diminish it a bit. I'm impatient normally but i love something to look forward to like this.

There's several classic TV dvd sets coming out between now and April that I'm looking forward to, so this isn't the most horrible news.

Couldn't agree with you more, Claude! The anticipation is half the fun for me! :lucythrill:

London. Been out for awhile now...you should give it a whirl! :rolleyes:

It's getting closer, he's headed back to his hotel in Toronto in a week or two and will be able to bring back my copy that's been sitting there since it came out, can't wait!!! I've heard good things about this Lucy in London special, restored and looking it was made last week, cannot wait to hear Tony Newly's warbling, LOL! The former Mr Joan Collins was so excellent in this, great songs done in his iimitable style. Caution, a pair of earplugs should be by your side for his concert portion of the program, LOL! B U T , they A R E beautiful songs though!

I've got to be honest, I'm surprised the Lucy Show sets made it this far. Delighted, THRILLED, to be sure, but surprised. I thought there was a very good chance that season 1 was going to be it for a long time. I was stunned when I heard season 2 was coming out a year later, and delighted that season 3 came out not long after that.

I then thought it through. Seasons 1-3 were the Vivian years, and a prime motivator for many people buying them. I knew her involvement would mean that season 3 would sell about as well as 1 and 2 had, thereby prompting a release of season 4. But I thought things might slow down after the release of season 4, as that year in particular is regarded as one of the overall weakest Lucy TV seasons of all time. Plus I knew that some Vivophiles would cease purchasing after season 3. But when I heard that season 5 was coming out, I was blown away once again! I knew the Lucy in London inclusion would be an incentive, as these episodes are easily the msot well known to modern audiences due to their PD status. But the quality improvement is incredible and will hopefully ebb the tide of those budget sets (even though I'm grateful for them because they were the only episodes so many of us had access to for a long time).

So whether Spring or Fall, I'll be thrilled when the last of the Lucys comes out :)

I've got to be honest, I'm surprised the Lucy Show sets made it this far. Delighted, THRILLED, to be sure, but surprised. I thought there was a very good chance that season 1 was going to be it for a long time. I was stunned when I heard season 2 was coming out a year later, and delighted that season 3 came out not long after that.

I then thought it through. Seasons 1-3 were the Vivian years, and a prime motivator for many people buying them. I knew her involvement would mean that season 3 would sell about as well as 1 and 2 had, thereby prompting a release of season 4. But I thought things might slow down after the release of season 4, as that year in particular is regarded as one of the overall weakest Lucy TV seasons of all time. Plus I knew that some Vivophiles would cease purchasing after season 3. But when I heard that season 5 was coming out, I was blown away once again! I knew the Lucy in London inclusion would be an incentive, as these episodes are easily the msot well known to modern audiences due to their PD status. But the quality improvement is incredible and will hopefully ebb the tide of those budget sets (even though I'm grateful for them because they were the only episodes so many of us had access to for a long time).

So whether Spring or Fall, I'll be thrilled when the last of the Lucys comes out :)

I had no doubts at all that they A L L eventually would come out, you're talking about a top five show for corn sakes, they had to wait for the ILL series to be out completely and then they started on the other two series at the same time, that's a lotta Lucy in the marketplace. Then the specials also came out at the same time, makes you wonder what they'll bring out next.

I had no doubts at all that they A L L eventually would come out, you're talking about a top five show for corn sakes, they had to wait for the ILL series to be out completely and then they started on the other two series at the same time, that's a lotta Lucy in the marketplace. Then the specials also came out at the same time, makes you wonder what they'll bring out next.

Lucy & Gary: A Home Movie?

Eventually, yes, I knew they'd eventually see a release. But I didn't anticipate sales causing it to happen quite so fast. I'm very glad to have been proven wrong :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived