OCTOBER 9: The Lucy Show: Official Sixth & Final Season -- COVER ART!

Mr. Wilson

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the idea of both Lucy and Gale in the primary photo! I'm glad their "mouth open" theme at least evolved into having her smiling for seasons 3 and 4...all the shots of her screaming may make newcomers laugh for the wrong reasons!

I just hope they choose a new colour for the outside shell. Season 5 looks too similar to Season 2 that way.

I love the idea of both Lucy and Gale in the primary photo! I'm glad their "mouth open" theme at least evolved into having her smiling for seasons 3 and 4...all the shots of her screaming may make newcomers laugh for the wrong reasons!

I just hope they choose a new colour for the outside shell. Season 5 looks too similar to Season 2 that way.

Yeah I know, Season 2 and 5 were practically the same colors on the border. Season 6 should be yellow, and it should be either her and gale or her wearing the dress she wears in the beginning here:

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1329795886' post='33481]

I still can't believe we are pretty much done with The Lucy Show. What do I have to look forward to after all the TLS, HL, and LBS are all done with?! Lol.

Then we want compilations of her game show and talk show appearances as well as all her variety and comedy show guest stints and her appearances on other people's specials and documentaries on her and the awards and recognition she got on other specials and . . .

• 3 weeks later...

Fingers crossed for Life with Lucy, of course, and more of her film work (I exoect vol 2 of the RKO Comedy collection will be soon)

I have mixed feelings about a LWL release, because the new DVD reviews will probably conjure up the same old stuff. I haven't watched in a while. Has it improved with age?

For those of us who lived through it, it was a bitter-sweet experience. I remember a friend found out the show was in the works and called me with "You'll never guess....", made me guess and with hints I finally got it but still couldn't believe it. The anticipation of her return got a lot of press, mostly positive. But after its debut, it was so hard to see Lucy struggle publicly with the horrendous reviews and abysmal ratings that got progressively worse. The critics were harsh with the premiere episode and I actually thought that one was pretty good. Hopefully some of those critics are now 75 themselves and may regret some of their cruel age comments. I was not happy with subsequent episodes until "Legal Eagle" when I saw a few sparks of the old Lucy....but by then it was too late.

The aftermath was interesting because everyone seemed to blame everyone else. A success has many parents, but a failure is an orphan.

I have mixed feelings about a LWL release, because the new DVD reviews will probably conjure up the same old stuff. I haven't watched in a while. Has it improved with age?

For those of us who lived through it, it was a bitter-sweet experience. I remember a friend found out the show was in the works and called me with "You'll never guess....", made me guess and with hints I finally got it but still couldn't believe it. The anticipation of her return got a lot of press, mostly positive. But after its debut, it was so hard to see Lucy struggle publicly with the horrendous reviews and abysmal ratings that got progressively worse. The critics were harsh with the premiere episode and I actually thought that one was pretty good. Hopefully some of those critics are now 75 themselves and may regret some of their cruel age comments. I was not happy with subsequent episodes until "Legal Eagle" when I saw a few sparks of the old Lucy....but by then it was too late.

The aftermath was interesting because everyone seemed to blame everyone else. A success has many parents, but a failure is an orphan.

Absolutely, the first episode WAS fine, but the subsequent shows were so empty and devoid of laughs, didn't help that the audience screamed at everything she did, they loved her so. Loved your comment about the ones making cracks about her looks now going through the same thing, LOL! They finally got it right by the Audrey Meadows episode but like you said, it was too late. Audrey's should have been the second show and with her having a rival and a co conspirator might have saved it, or changing the time period or getting new writers and a new format, who the hell knows, it's done, and i couldn't care less if it's ever brought out, i have my copies of it taped when it aired and i never watch them, well except for the Audrey one, but it makes me too sad anyway, there are no laughs for me in it except for Lucy's THANK GOD comment at one point, that was the old lucy all right, she still had it, it was the material that stank.

• 2 months later...

We have two more Vivian Vance episodes to look forward to: Lucy & Viv Reminise and Lucy & Joan Crawford! This is good because all subsequent appearences on Here's Lucy and her final show with Lucy, the Lucy Calls The President Special are already are released!

We have two more Vivian Vance episodes to look forward to: Lucy & Viv Reminise and Lucy & Joan Crawford! This is good because all subsequent appearences on Here's Lucy and her final show with Lucy, the Lucy Calls The President Special are already are released!

Exactly. After this release, all Lucy/Viv episodes will be available! Kind of sad that there are no more surprises for me coming up, but I'd much rather have all of them in my library than just reading about them.

• 1 month later...

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1341526409' post='40054]

So any word on the official date yet?

Funny you should ask, I spoke to the secretary of Ken Ross of CBS Home Entertainment yesterday (7/5/12) and according to thier scedule the sixth and final season will be released on Tuesday, October 9, 2012.

We now just need season six of Here's Lucy and maybe Life With Lucy.

Now for the official press release and artwork!!! Then I'll be excited!

Same. LOL

Still hoping that Lucy and Gale share the cover art for season six as Lucy and Viv did for season one. I think that would be a nice bookend to the series set.

Same. LOL

Still hoping that Lucy and Gale share the cover art for season six as Lucy and Viv did for season one. I think that would be a nice bookend to the series set.

Aww, that would be nice. Wonder if CBS will do a complete series set of this show like I Love Lucy? In many ways The Lucy Show is best presented in seasonal installments, because each season is so distinctive in terms of appearance and format and opening sequence.

Archived