Lucy A - Z -- F!

Brock

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robert Florey b. 09/14/00 d. 05/16/79

Robert Florey, nominee, Prime Time Emmy, 1955; Assistant Director, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), Monsieur Verdoux, 1947; Director, Desilu Productions', Wire Service “The Johnny Rath Story”, 1956; The Texan “A Time of the Year”, “A Tree for Planting”, 1958; “Blue Norther”, “No Love Wanted”, 1959; Director, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse “The Innocent Assassin”, 1959; Director, Desilu Productions', The Untouchables “The Doreen Maney Story”, 1960; as well as Director, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Barbara Stanwyck Show “Out of the Shadows”, and 1960, “Shock”, 1961, is born this date in 1900.

Out of town yesterday; so, two for today...

Zurh C., and Bernice Faulkner, take over the mortgage of the property now known as Lucy Lane (8th Street, Celoron NY), (Lucille's childhood home; possibly as early as her 8th year), after a shooting incident on the property, and maintained ownership until the 1990's, on this date in 1928.

Out of town yesterday; so, two for today...

Zurh C., and Bernice Faulkner, take over the mortgage of the property now known as Lucy Lane (8th Street, Celoron NY), (Lucille's childhood home; possibly as early as her 8th year), after a shooting incident on the property, and maintained ownership until the 1990's, on this date in 1928.

Is Bernice the woman who used to sit on the porch in her wheelchair and wave to the tour buses as they went by during Lucy-Desi Days and Lucy's Birthday Celebration?

Fried Chicken (Miss Bankhead's favourite thing of all)

Is Bernice the woman who used to sit on the porch in her wheelchair and wave to the tour buses as they went by during Lucy-Desi Days and Lucy's Birthday Celebration?

I'll have to research that; don't know when Mrs. Faulkner passed away; I'll try to get hold of Lloyd (her eldest son still around); have to talk to him, anyway; so, when I get the information, I'll let you know. It would have to be in the very early days of the Festivals; so, probably not; don't know if they had the bus tours back then, before arrdubya took over in 2002, that is....

Milton Frome, b. 2/24/09 d. 3/21/89

Milton Frome, supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucy”) “The Matchmaker”, 1954; guest, Desilu Productions’, Cavalcade of America “The Boy Nobody Wanted”, 1956, The Texan “The Lord Will Provide”, 1958, Guestward Ho! “The Honorary Indian”, 1961, Glynis “Two-Way Stretch”, 1963; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Joey Bishop Show “A Crush on Joey”, 1963; as well as Lucille Ball guest, (“Here’s Lucy”) “Lucy and Donny Osmond”, 1972; is born this date in 1909.

leenorman, 3/12/11: I'll have to research that; don't know when Mrs. Faulkner passed away; I'll try to get hold of Lloyd (her eldest son still around); have to talk to him, anyway; so, when I get the information, I'll let you know. It would have to be in the very early days of the Festivals; so, probably not; don't know if they had the bus tours back then, before arrdubya took over in 2002, that is....

3/13/11:

The MORE I think about this; perhaps the woman in wheelchair on the porch was the person who bought the house FROM the Faulkners; [i'm thinking Mrs. Faulkner passed earlier on than when the Center was under the control of the Arts Council], advertised for sale on e-Bay; the woman from Florida, and rumor had it she was only there summers and was 'ill'; [still have to research this more...] BUT, the dates just aren't right. The Rapaports bought the house in 2005, I think; again, research will tell me....stay tuned.

Paul Frees b. 06/22/20 d. 11/02/86

Paul Frees, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), co-star, Red Light, 1949, and My Three Sons “Countdown”, 1960; guest, Desilu Productions', uncredited, as Radio Announcer, voice of President Franklin D. Roosevelt, The Gun of Zangara 1960; The Untouchables, as Franklin D. Roosevelt, “The Unhired Assassin, Part 2”, 1960, and Fractured Flickers, Narrator, 8 episodes, 1963-64, is born this date in 1920.

William Fawcett b. 9/8/1894 d. 1/25/74

William Fawcett, Lucille Ball co-star, Columbia Pictures’, The Magic Carpet, 1951; guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour “Lucy Hunts Uranium”, 1958, “Lucy’s Summer Vacation”, 1959, Desilu Productions’, The Untouchables “The Tri-State Gang”, 1959; Harrigan and Son “Pay the Two Dollars”, 1960; Whirlybirds “Lynch Mob”, unknown year; The Texan “The Nomad”, 1960, The Untouchables “The Underground Court”, 1961; as well as Mannix “To the Swiftest, Death”, 1968, is born this date in 1894.

Kathleen Freeman b. 2/17/19 d. 8/23/01

Kathleen Freeman, actress, 278 films; Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) co-star, uncredited, The Secret Fury, 1950; guest, Desilu Productions’, Our Miss Brooks “The Embezzled Dress”, 1952, December Bride “The Fred MacMurray Show”, and The Ann Sothern Show “A New Lease on Life”, 1958, Guestward Ho! “The Hootons Versus Hawkeye”, 1961; and Lucille Ball's veteran supporting cast member, The Lucy Show “Lucy Plays Florence Nightingale”, “Lucy and Viv Open a Restaurant”, “Lucy Enters a Baking Contest”, “Lucy Takes A Job at the Bank”, and “Lucy Gets Her Maid”, 1964, guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Dick Van Dyke Show “Honeymooners Are For The Lucky”, 1964; The Bing Crosby Show, "Real Estate Venture", and Slattery's People "Question: Bill Bailey, Why Did You Come Home?", 1965; Hogan's Heroes "Cupid Comes To Stalag 13", as well as co-star, unsold pilot - Desilu Productions’, Good Old Days, 1966; is born this date in 1919.

Archived