1999 convention

I kind of remember Dan Cann having this at one of the panel discussions that weekend. I videoed a lot of those panels, but not from beginning to end. I'm in the process of transfering my Lucy VHS tapes to DVD and could check to see if I have it on video.

Are you looking for something particular?

I kind of remember Dan Cann having this at one of the panel discussions that weekend. I videoed a lot of those panels, but not from beginning to end. I'm in the process of transfering my Lucy VHS tapes to DVD and could check to see if I have it on video.

Are you looking for something particular?

He left HIS Desilu jacket on a park bench outside the convention and obviously wants it back, LOL! :lucythrill:

It would be nice to see if there is documentation that the jacket was indeed donated. Some folks that were there swear it was and yet the museum does not have the jacket. Can you check your video Luvsbway? Perhaps you remember what the panel was about or who was on the panel?

It would be nice to see if there is documentation that the jacket was indeed donated. Some folks that were there swear it was and yet the museum does not have the jacket. Can you check your video Luvsbway? Perhaps you remember what the panel was about or who was on the panel?

I was there and remember the jacket being donated to something, but now can't remember if it was to the museum or to the auction which I did not attend.

Was the L-D Jamestown museum in operation in 1999?

From Tom Watson's page. This is his actual post!

Special Seminars

Earlier in the day, Dann Cahn was the special guest at a seminar in which he reminisced about his long career in Hollywood -- with an emphasis on the 9 years he spent at Desilu (1951-1960). Dann, of course, was the first film editor on I Love Lucy, and went on to establish the entire Desilu post-production department. Dann recalled his long friendship with Lucy and Desi -- and showed us the last known "Desilu" crew jacket that he has donated to the Lucy-Desi Museum.

Yep, that gells with what I remember. All those seminars were professional recorded on video, so if me as just a fan missed the video evidence then Tom has it, and his posting helps back up anything said at the panel.

Just to let you know Ric was there in 99. He sat at my table Sat night and I was sitting next to him at the auction. No I was not stalking him, just a coincidence.

I was there and remember the jacket being donated to something, but now can't remember if it was to the museum or to the auction which I did not attend.

Was the L-D Jamestown museum in operation in 1999?[/quote]

I believe it WAS; with arrdubya among the persons involved, or employed, not sure if they were volunteers, until he broke away, and with the Arnaz duo, formed what is now the L-D Comedy Center, in very early 2002.

IT, at that time, I believe, was under the control the Arts' Council, and the difficulty arrdubya had was with the Executive Director of same....what goes 'round'; comes 'round', so they say....

I will be watching this situation. Like other fans, I believe that the archives at Lucy Desi should not be dealt with in a way that things just disappear! I would not donate another thing to that place. If you have donated in the past, make sure the item is still there!

I will be watching this situation. Like other fans, I believe that the archives at Lucy Desi should not be dealt with in a way that things just disappear! I would not donate another thing to that place. If you have donated in the past, make sure the item is still there!

If you have donated in the past, make sure the item is still there!

....... And, how would one go about making sure????

I personally (2005) put, in arrdubya's hands, my childhood scrapbook (large, red) with all news clippings at the time of Forever, Darling hometown visit and premiere, etc., and recently 'asked' the archives' person at the time about it - doesn't seem to be anywhere....

Love to 'know' where it went; did it grow legs and walk out with all the 'internal' goings-on?

Very sad, Joyce. That book must have been a treasure being Lucy's last visit to Jamestown. Let's hope it turns up with the other missing archives.

Did anybody ever get a search warrant for his house and car? Was he in cohoots with someone who got him the job or worked with him at the time?

I need to jump in here and clarify something: the information that was included in my "Still In Love With Lucy" letter in June, 2004, was based on what I believed at the time -- i.e, that Dann Cahn had donated his jacket to the museum. Dann later told me that he had, in fact, sold the jacket to Mr. Wyman, who had offered a substantial amount of money for it. Dann had never considered donating it. The jacket has since been sold again, to a collector here in California, and it was on display this past autumn at the Hollywood Museum "Lucy" Tribute. I apologize for any misunderstandings created by my letter of June, 2004.

That is a great story Mr. Watson, however, you were present at a lunch with Dann, Judy, Lisa S. Bill, Michael and me when Dann said that he donated the jacket to the Museum. I even asked you to get a letter together with Dann for his taxes that the museum never gave him. You agreed at that lunch. Many fans were at the event when the jacket was donated. Pictures won't lie. People do!

As I say, Dann told me he had sold the jacket to Ric.

Calling all pictures from the 2004 festival. Look at the photo's from the time when Melody Thomas Scott came in April and then the May festival 2004. I will go through mine as well.

Did anybody ever get a search warrant for his house and car? Was he in cohoots with someone who got him the job or worked with him at the time?

arrdubya 'told me' he fell in love with Lucille Ball while he was in college, which was near to the time she starred in Stone Pillow; so, that was November, 1985; never heard the 'story' how he met Lucie Arnaz; but, I was 'told' he lived at their (Luckinbill) house while he was 'writing' his first book For the Love of Lucy; then, went to work for the Arts Council; then, got 'either' 'fired' or 'quit' stemming from 'differences' with the then-Director/Arts Council; teamed up with the Arnaz children; broke away from the Council and formed the 'family' Museum [Pine St] and Gift Center.

I became involved as a volunteer 6 months after they opened -*April 2002'- the Gift Center (3rd & Pine); someone in the know should offer what seems 'in the shadows of arrdubya and family' between his leaving the Arts Council and opening the Center (1999-2002).... That part I have not heard of at length.

A person who WOULD know, since she was present at all meetings revolving around the formation of the Museum under the auspices of the family, with arrdubya at the top; would be Lori Marino, and I don't think she comes on here any more. Sure wish she would; she has a wealth of knowledge, worked with the 'new' group during its formation; one of the original employees at the Center; in charge of mail order, at the time, a million-dollar business; and was among those who 'tired' of things and left within a few years thereafter, as so many did.

She would have MANY, if not ALL, answers to these types of questions...

arrdubya 'told me' he fell in love with Lucille Ball while he was in college, which was near to the time she starred in Stone Pillow; so, that was November, 1985; never heard the 'story' how he met Lucie Arnaz; but, I was 'told' he lived at their (Luckinbill) house while he was 'writing' his first book For the Love of Lucy; then, went to work for the Arts Council; then, got 'either' 'fired' or 'quit' stemming from 'differences' with the then-Director/Arts Council; teamed up with the Arnaz children; broke away from the Council and formed the 'family' Museum [Pine St] and Gift Center.

I became involved as a volunteer 6 months after they opened -*April 2002'- the Gift Center (3rd & Pine); someone in the know should offer what seems 'in the shadows of arrdubya and family' between his leaving the Arts Council and opening the Center (1999-2002).... That part I have not heard of at length.

A person who WOULD know, since she was present at all meetings revolving around the formation of the Museum under the auspices of the family, with arrdubya at the top; would be Lori Marino, and I don't think she comes on here any more. Sure wish she would; she has a wealth of knowledge, worked with the 'new' group during its formation; one of the original employees at the Center; in charge of mail order, at the time, a million-dollar business; and was among those who 'tired' of things and left within a few years thereafter, as so many did.

She would have MANY, if not ALL, answers to these types of questions...

You are right Joyce. Lori and many others have stories, but they are just stories for now. We need pics of that jacket being given to the Center. Everyone involved will get what is coming to them eventually. They always do. I am very patient!

Archived