"Lucy, the Gun Moll"

HarryCarter

Wow she is BEAUTIFUL at the beginning of the second part. Those legs and that hair. :D

Sorry, as fine a job as she did in this I wouldn't put it in the league as her best work, regardless from which series and/or medium (film or television).

Also, I hate it when they break the 4th wall, as she does with a wink to the camera and Stack and whatshisface taking a bow -- please!! We know we're watching a show, but don't remind us!!

The YouTuber must have used a copy of the DVD bonus extra in one of the "Untouchables" DVD releases. I was worried they wouldn't bother to remaster it or clean it up for that issue, but boy am I happy to be wrong -- it looks amazing!!! Just further evidence why we NEED and want these to come out legitimately, even if we've already got "bootlegged" or lousy public domain copies of the same shows -- talk about night and day!

BTW - that first set for Mooney's office sure was screwy and ugly -- so glad they remodeled it to the later wood paneled look. What a difference! :blink:

Glad you agree with me Joey! :)

Hey, we all have a favorite this or that that we enjoy and don't give a hoot who agrees or disagrees, it's just something we enjoy seeing over and over. I don't mind them breaking the fourth wall as i had seen her do everything at that point and anytime she did something different, whatever it was, i enjoyed it tremendously. This mini TRIBUTE to The Untouchables floored me at the time, much better than her Mission Impossible tribute, if only they had done a parody of Star Trek at one point, LOL!

CUS MY HEART BELONGS TO DADDY!

I loved this, and I also liked the premise and the way it was done almost with no fourth wall- I love that! lol

Lucy is so pretty in every scene and her legs are stunning

I LOVE LUCYS WEIRD WAY OF SINGING lolol Ive NEVER heard any one sing like that lol

hrtbelongstodady1.jpg

Hey, we all have a favorite this or that that we enjoy and don't give a hoot who agrees or disagrees, it's just something we enjoy seeing over and over. I don't mind them breaking the fourth wall as i had seen her do everything at that point and anytime she did something different, whatever it was, i enjoyed it tremendously. This mini TRIBUTE to The Untouchables floored me at the time, much better than her Mission Impossible tribute, if only they had done a parody of Star Trek at one point, LOL!

That's right, that's one Desilu property they never "spoofed" or touched!! Wonder why??

Also wonder what she'd think of what the franchise ultimately became -- I mean my god, has any other spawned so many sequels, films, spinoffs and also-rans??? Besides "the Brady Bunch", that is!!?? :lol:;)

That's right, that's one Desilu property they never "spoofed" or touched!! Wonder why??

Also wonder what she'd think of what the franchise ultimately became -- I mean my god, has any other spawned so many sequels, films, spinoffs and also-rans??? Besides "the Brady Bunch", that is!!?? :lol:;)

Star Trek and the Bradys? That's like comparing an apple to a kumquat, LOL! That's like comparing a Beta VCR hooked up to a black and white 12 inch tv set playing The Little Rascals to a 70 inch flat screen on Blu Ray playing Ben Hur. :lol: The answer of course is she did a comedy show, not a variety sketch series, so how could she spoof Star Trek on her series? Besides, remember this is the woman who thought Star Trek was about entertainers trekking somewhere in retirement. :lol:

CUS MY HEART BELONGS TO DADDY!

I loved this, and I also liked the premise and the way it was done almost with no fourth wall- I love that! lol

Lucy is so pretty in every scene and her legs are stunning

I LOVE LUCYS WEIRD WAY OF SINGING lolol Ive NEVER heard any one sing like that lol

hrtbelongstodady1.jpg

She was imitating Broadway legend Mary Martin's version, Mary apparently saw the show and liked the spoof of her own rendition in the acclaimed Broadway show.

"Lucy the Gun Moll" has to be one of Lucy's best performances during season four. This episode is a comedy classic and the picture and cleanup are gorgeous since CBS cleaned up this episode which was a bonus feature on "The Untoucables" season one volume two. I can't wait for the official season four release because there are so many great episodes like "Lucy and Dean Martin," "Lucy and the Golden Greek," the two Clint Walker episodes, the three Ann Sother episodes, Lucy and Joan Blondell, and Marineland. "Lucy the Gun Moll" earned Lucy her second Emmy nomination for "The Lucy Show" during the 1965-66 season. She definitely should have won over Mary Tyler Moore but she did win two consecutive Emmys during the 1966-67 and 1967-68 seasons which were long overdue and well deserved. There is just one Lucy and I'm thankful for CBS and MPI for releasing season sets of "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy." Now I can watch her shows anytime I want and don't have to put up with the horrible edits in local TV syndication. A special note: "The Lucy Show" was the No. 3 show during the 1965-66 season with a 27.7 rating.

"Lucy the Gun Moll" has to be one of Lucy's best performances during season four. This episode is a comedy classic and the picture and cleanup are gorgeous since CBS cleaned up this episode which was a bonus feature on "The Untoucables" season one volume two. I can't wait for the official season four release because there are so many great episodes like "Lucy and Dean Martin," "Lucy and the Golden Greek," the two Clint Walker episodes, the three Ann Sother episodes, Lucy and Joan Blondell, and Marineland. "Lucy the Gun Moll" earned Lucy her second Emmy nomination for "The Lucy Show" during the 1965-66 season. She definitely should have won over Mary Tyler Moore but she did win two consecutive Emmys during the 1966-67 and 1967-68 seasons which were long overdue and well deserved. There is just one Lucy and I'm thankful for CBS and MPI for releasing season sets of "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy." Now I can watch her shows anytime I want and don't have to put up with the horrible edits in local TV syndication. A special note: "The Lucy Show" was the No. 3 show during the 1965-66 season with a 27.7 rating.

Wow, did not know that Gun Mall was presented for Emmy consideration, which one was put up for her next Emmy win the following year?

Wow, did not know that Gun Mall was presented for Emmy consideration, which one was put up for her next Emmy win the following year?

I'm not sure they were submitting single episodes 'for consideration' back then. Maybe, but I've never heard that. For the next season I would have submitted "John Wayne" "Substitute Secretary" or "Flies to London". Even in such dogs as "Mooney the Monkey" and "Babysits Chimps" you can't fault her performance.

I'm not sure they were submitting single episodes 'for consideration' back then. Maybe, but I've never heard that. For the next season I would have submitted "John Wayne" "Substitute Secretary" or "Flies to London". Even in such dogs as "Mooney the Monkey" and "Babysits Chimps" you can't fault her performance.

Yeah, well, i was surprised by that also, how could we have missed that info all this time? But the person seems to know what they were talking about and surely didn't just make it up. I have no idea when they started submitting just the one ep but i assume it's when things got unmanageable, like when they started giving out Emmys by the hundreds and some poor schleps had to sit through everything to vote. I think going by the one ep is unfair, as you clearly stated, her work was excellent even in badly written DOG episodes of the animal variety.

Archived