CBS Salutes Lucy DVD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found my tape of the original "CBS Salutes" opening (clips with Sinatra's "My Kind of Girl") and compared it with the released version.

No scenes were deleted in their entirety in the new version. Some were shortened to make room for more clips. I don't know why they did this, but no harm was done. Both versions are fine.

I found my tape of the original "CBS Salutes" opening (clips with Sinatra's "My Kind of Girl") and compared it with the released version.

No scenes were deleted in their entirety in the new version. Some were shortened to make room for more clips. I don't know why they did this, but no harm was done. Both versions are fine.

Oh i agree wholeheartedly about that. Do they play just eight bars of any song so as to not have to pay music rights?

Here are both versions on the same screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTHElNwStX4&feature=youtu.be

Here are both versions on the same screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTHElNwStX4&feature=youtu.be

It says it's being blocked on copywright grounds. :( Is there anyway you could post the video without the song? Thanks for going to the trouble of doing this!

For some reason, I thought there's a clip of Lucy the Good Skate in the original version of the montage that was cut in the DVD version? I could be wrong.

It says it's being blocked on copywright grounds. :( Is there anyway you could post the video without the song? Thanks for going to the trouble of doing this!

For some reason, I thought there's a clip of Lucy the Good Skate in the original version of the montage that was cut in the DVD version? I could be wrong.

That's the first video I've posted that's ever been blocked! And I didn't make it public either.

You think it's the song?

I can post it without..

But you're right. Upon viewing them back to back, the Good Skate clip is missing from the new version.

That's the first video I've posted that's ever been blocked! And I didn't make it public either.

You think it's the song?

I can post it without..

But you're right. Upon viewing them back to back, the Good Skate clip is missing from the new version.

It says that it is blocked by WMG - Warners Music Group - so I assume it is because of the song. It appears to only be blocked in the US and not Canada, since Claude was able to watch it. Is anyone in the US able to watch it? Thanks for posting this, Neil!

It says that it is blocked by WMG - Warners Music Group - so I assume it is because of the song. It appears to only be blocked in the US and not Canada, since Claude was able to watch it. Is anyone in the US able to watch it? Thanks for posting this, Neil!

Hey, that finally makes up for all the goddamned videos i am not able to see, i wonder if my boyfriend can get me a US address for my computer. Like we don't already watch all your movies and tv shows anyway, dumbasses.

Evidently "Warners Music Group" is still stinging from the bath they took on the "Mame" soundtrack LP---WHICH by the way DID make the Billboard charts at least one week.

My question is: HOW did they find out about it so quickly? I uploaded it to youtube, then posted the UNLISTED link on the site immediately after.

Another shot missing from the new version is from "Men are Messy", I believe.

I could not find my 'non-professional release' CBS Salutes that I bought in the 80s and had to go back to the ORIGINAL recording I made in 1976 by lugging that behemoth reel to reel b/w video recorder home from school. That tape went from that reel to VHS, copied again on to another VHS and then to DVD.

So here's another try without the song.

I know. It's about time YouTube finally threw Canada a bone.

Nothing infuriates me more than to see a clip everybody's talking about from Jimmy Kimmel or David Letterman and it says it can't be played in Canada although BOTH shows and everything else American plays here anyway.

Evidently "Warners Music Group" is still stinging from the bath they took on the "Mame" soundtrack LP---WHICH by the way DID make the Billboard charts at least one week.

My question is: HOW did they find out about it so quickly? I uploaded it to youtube, then posted the UNLISTED link on the site immediately after.

I could not find my 'non-professional release' CBS Salutes that I bought in the 80s and had to go back to the ORIGINAL recording I made in 1976 by lugging that behemoth reel to reel b/w video recorder home from school. That tape went from that reel to VHS, copied again on to another VHS and then to DVD.

Thanks, Neil! Great job. I wonder who re-edited this montage, when, and why.

I think they can automatically tell when a song is used in a YouTube video and automatically block, it even if it is unlisted.

I didn't know that the Mame soundtrack made the Billboard charts. That's very nice to know.

WUNERFULLLLLLLLLLLLl! Thanks for the hard work; thanks for sharing....Love, JK

I didn't know that the Mame soundtrack made the Billboard charts. That's very nice to know.

I happened to run across Billboard's listing of the top 500 albums for a week shortly after its release and it was #497!

I happened to run across Billboard's listing of the top 500 albums for a week shortly after its release and it was #497!

WOW - I wonder how many units were sold. Usually the bottom of the Top 200 sell roughly around 2,000 to 3,000 copies depending on sales week, so i can only imagine how many # 497 would have sold.

Archived