Has "Lucy" lost her lustre?

I thought it was quiet around here -- no posts from Claude lately. Next to Brock who started this lounge for us, I always considered him to be Lucy's biggest fan here. C'mon back Claude, the Lounge is not the same without you.

(Maybe those who don't agree with everything he writes could just scroll past his posts without reading them. That way all of us Lucy fans can enjoy celebrating her together.)

Exactly. If you don't like something, then don't pay it any attention. You don't need to try and censor others' opinions by tattling on them. It's got me paranoid everytime I post something a little different from others' point of view if I'm going to get grief over it. It's a free country and I think we all love Lucy on here. Why else would we be here? Quit playing childish games. :lucyshock:

::steps off soapbox::

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1335685561' post='38018]

I'm so confused on what happened. But nontheless I wish I could see one those amazing sarcastic posts! One of my favorite things about his posts!

Basically a couple people on here took offense to what Claude said about Lucie Arnaz and whined about it. It pissed him off so much he decided to take off for good. I really hope he comes back too. We need differing opinions and different viewpoints on here. It's not only democratic but it makes it more interesting.

I hope he's okay. I haven't heard from him in a week. :(

Basically a couple people on here took offense to what Claude said about Lucie Arnaz and whined about it. It pissed him off so much he decided to take off for good. I really hope he comes back too. We need differing opinions and different viewpoints on here. It's not only democratic but it makes it more interesting.

I hope he's okay. I haven't heard from him in a week. :(

That's Claude's version of events. While there were complaints, the reality is he was simply asked to be more respectful of other members' opinions. While it's healthy to have disagreements and differing opinions, it is not an invitation to be disrespectful. (And these topics were not limited to Lucie Arnaz)

• 1 month later...

Here's a new, interesting article which examines Lucy from a similar angle:

http://www.hypable.com/2012/06/20/i-still-love-lucy-honoring-the-legacy-of-lucille-ball/

Brock: Thanks so much for posting these wonderful remembrances of 'our Lucy'! It's a joy to be able to put it in the chronology; would never have seen this article if not for you - keep 'em coming! Loving you, JK

Archived