Lucy Related Trivia

HarryCarter

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ricky says "The Roof Garden" in the opening leading to the flashback, but their menus say "Jubilee on front.

I was going for "Jubilee" because I just caught the menus. I didn't think the name was stated but didn't look at the flashback intro. So much for my STUMPER!

Just read in the new revised edition of Desilu, that Dorothy Loudon was supposed to do a spin off from I Love Lucy, what on earth would that have been?

It was actually The Lucy Show. Dorothy Loudon didn't really gain attention until after I Love Lucy ended. After The Garry Moore Show ended in 1964, a sitcom pilot for Dorothy was discussed. It was even discussed that they might do a backdoor pilot on The Lucy Show. None of this materalized. Dorothy did do her own sitcom in 1979, "Dorothy" created by Bob and Madelyn. She played a house mother in a girls school and was very, very similiar to a series that debuted a few weeks later - The Facts of Life.

Lucy once wrote the forward to a book. What was the book and who was its author?

Was it one of the Betty White books? And thanks for all that great info on Dorothy Loudon who i adored, i had a feeling as i was typing it that ILL was too early and it was really The Lucy Show but their book is not clear and concise like YOURS was, LOL! I'm in the TEAR DOWN Lucy section right now so i can only read a chapter before i want to kill the authors.

Was it one of the Betty White books? And thanks for all that great info on Dorothy Loudon who i adored, i had a feeling as i was typing it that ILL was too early and it was really The Lucy Show but their book is not clear and concise like YOURS was, LOL! I'm in the TEAR DOWN Lucy section right now so i can only read a chapter before i want to kill the authors.

Not any of Betty's books.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucy Ricardo - McGillicuddy

Lucy Carmichael - Taylor/McGillicuddy

Lucy Carter - McGillicuddy/Hinkley

Damn, I forget the crowd I'm dealing with who knows as much/more than I do! Most of the time I thoroughly stump Lucy lay-men!

Was there a Here's Lucy that established her maiden name as McGillicuddy too? I knew Hinkley, but wasn't aware of McGillicuddy.

Archived