Lucy Related Trivia

HarryCarter

Just shooting from the hip....forgot to look at the 'dates'.... well, smarty, what were they?

These are the only actual years I REMEMBER being mentioned on Lucy's show. Are there any more?

In "Madame X", Ethel on the lighter insciption: "From the boys in the band, Christmas 1952"

In Paris, Ricky reading Lucy's signed note dated (sometime in )1955 that after getting the Don Loper dress she wouldn't ask for anything extravagant ever again.

Mooney (in 1964): If we gave you an advance every time you asked for one, we would now be dipping into the year 1972."

and

Lucy Carter (I'm paraphasing from memory) to Harry: "You nominated me for Miss Boo-Boo of 1972-2." I don't remember the CURRENT year ever being mentioned another time.

In "Million Dollar Idea", Lucy's used her allowance until June 12, 1978!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1921 -- The Passports

1888 -- "Well, we licked 'em in '88 and by golly we can do 'er again!" (The Marriage License)

1776 -- When Columbus discovered Ohio (Lucy Gets Ricky on the Radio)

1909 -- Golden Gloves, Changing the Boys Wardrobe

1923 -- Cadillac Touring Car

1934 -- Fred's "charming child bride of 1934" (Cruise to Havana)

1925 -- When Fred did his split week in Peoria

1919 -- This year was mentioned by Fred, but can't remember why. The year he bought his Civil War handcuffs?

1952-27-52 -- A good year for crowning Flapper queens

These are the only actual years I REMEMBER being mentioned on Lucy's show. Are there any more?

In "Madame X", Ethel on the lighter insciption: "From the boys in the band, Christmas 1952"

In Paris, Ricky reading Lucy's signed note dated (sometime in )1955 that after getting the Don Loper dress she wouldn't ask for anything extravagant ever again.

Mooney (in 1964): If we gave you an advance every time you asked for one, we would now be dipping into the year 1972."

and

Lucy Carter (I'm paraphasing from memory) to Harry: "You nominated me for Miss Boo-Boo of 1972-2." I don't remember the CURRENT year ever being mentioned another time.

In "Million Dollar Idea", Lucy's used her allowance until June 12, 1978!

Geez, what a great question, had no idea!

1921 -- The Passports

1888 -- "Well, we licked 'em in '88 and by golly we can do 'er again!" (The Marriage License)

1776 -- When Columbus discovered Ohio (Lucy Gets Ricky on the Radio)

1909 -- Golden Gloves, Changing the Boys Wardrobe

1923 -- Cadillac Touring Car

1934 -- Fred's "charming child bride of 1934" (Cruise to Havana)

1925 -- When Fred did his split week in Peoria

1919 -- This year was mentioned by Fred, but can't remember why. The year he bought his Civil War handcuffs?

1952-27-52 -- A good year for crowning Flapper queens

You experts drive me nuts, LOL! How about when Lucy shows the little sweatshirt with the year little Ricky would attend Havana U?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, Lucy worked with Bill Frawley on ILL, but when Bill left to do that role of the grandfather on My Three Sons, he was eventually forced to leave the show due to health reasons, the replacement was played by actor William Deamarest, did he ever work with Lucy in anything?

He played Regret in Sorrowful Jones.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a Comedy Gold-less household. :(

Oh you`re kidding, had no idea, thought you said that right away as you had just seen it tonight, thought you were quite the cheater actually, LOL! How do you get your cableÉ Damn that stinker, gave me a French keyboard again. No question marks yet again.

Oh you`re kidding, had no idea, thought you said that right away as you had just seen it tonight, thought you were quite the cheater actually, LOL! How do you get your cableÉ Damn that stinker, gave me a French keyboard again. No question marks yet again.

I'm on Shaw Direct Sattelite (formerly known as Star Choice) and the company owns Deja View, so they decided to put the kibosh on their Comedy Gold competition.

I'm on Shaw Direct Sattelite (formerly known as Star Choice) and the company owns Deja View, so they decided to put the kibosh on their Comedy Gold competition.

Well, if it makes you feel better, I Love Lucy is the only decent show on their schedule and they rerun the same damned forty or so eps on a regular basis so that i can now recite them by heart even better than i could before. Saw the Queen of the Gypsies again today, and man, the musical numbers for that show were just incredible, great music so embedded in our memories that i was looking forward to each one presented.

• 2 months later...

Archived