Lucy Related Trivia

HarryCarter

LA Evening Herald Express: “Another famous model photo, including Lucille Ball, well-known for her Chesterfield ads, frolicking on the beach with Barbara Pepper, one of Lucille’s long-time friends and veteran supporting cast member on (‘I Love Lucy’). As usual, Lucille is on far end of the photo,” published this date, 7/25, in 1933.

LA Examiner, Louella O. Parsons: “ . . . saw Lucille Ball taking in the new Sebastian’s Café InternationalRevue . . .” published this date in 1937.

Lucille Ball, appears, in color, San Francisco Call Bulletin cover, promoting her new film, DuBarry Was A Lady, published for this date in 1943.

The Post Journal, Jamestown NY - Lucille Ball appears MGM,Easy to Wed, Coming Soon advertisement, published this date in 1946.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucy Trivia for 7/25:

Lucille Ball appears, as Gladys Benton, MGM's, Easy To Wed, a Technicolor re-make of a black and white 1936 film, Libeled Lady, co-starring life-long friends, Van Johnson, Keenan Wynn, and many veteran Lucy guest cast members; also starring Ben Blue, James Flavin, Johathan Hole, Cecil Kellaway, June Lockhart, and Esther Williams; Edward Buzzell, director; co-directed, uncredited, by Lucille mentors, Ed Sedgwick and Buster Keaton, who also co-wrote; with Jack Gargan; Fidel Castro, a sometime actor, appearing in a poolside scene, uncredited, as well as Jack Donohue, dance director, is released this date in 1946.

Lucille Ball appears in Collier’s published for this date in 1953.

Lucille Ball appears as Mystery Guest, CBS’ (“What’s My Line?”), her last appearance of six, one with Desi Arnaz, one with Bob Hope, and more appearances than any other Mystery Guest of the show, airing on this date in 1965.

Photoplay, Diana Harrison: “Uninvited Party Brings Baby to Lucy’s Doorstep,” published in 1971.

Photoplay, Diana Harrison: “Uninvited Party Brings Baby to Lucy’s Doorstep,” published in 1971.

Joyce, are you sure that shouldn't read "Uninvited Patty" as in Duke, who was rumored to have had Des Jr.s lovechild around this time?? Just wonderin'.... and for the sake of historical accuracy! ;)

Joyce, are you sure that shouldn't read "Uninvited Patty" as in Duke, who was rumored to have had Des Jr.s lovechild around this time?? Just wonderin'.... and for the sake of historical accuracy! ;)

Joey: I'm 'sure' it was; however, the 'party' COULD HAVE BEEN PATTY; we will never know...Think I should take reference to the article title out of the chronology? I have purposely NOT included anything 'smutty'; I'd like this document to be a positive diary of Lucille's history; not some slander sheet, like so many have done in the past to our Lucille.... thanks for the question, though, and it could have been a typo on my part. I just ran across the reference and included it..... Loving you, JK

You may be right, I mean, who the hell else brought a baby to her house? Unless Vincente was leaving little Liza in a basket at her front door.

I think this may clear it up:

913liLrnUmL._SL1500_.jpg

Which just goes to show....a little "googling" goes a long way! :lucycoy:

Thanks, Joey; it does!!!! I believe it was 'necessary' to leave Patty Duke out of it, and just put in 'party'???? maybe??? Thanks for showing this, though. I appreciate very much the time you put into this. I got the quote out of a listing of same 'somewhere'; not sure where; it had a date, title of article; and year; so, I added it to the chronology. See instant message I sent you....Loving you, JK

P.S. Just checked by source: See: Ball of Fire, by Kanfer - page 334 (Harrison) - no typo....yaYYYYYYYY

Thanks, Joey; it does!!!! I believe it was 'necessary' to leave Patty Duke out of it, and just put in 'party'???? maybe??? Thanks for showing this, though. I appreciate very much the time you put into this. I got the quote out of a listing of same 'somewhere'; not sure where; it had a date, title of article; and year; so, I added it to the chronology. See instant message I sent you....Loving you, JK

P.S. Just checked by source: See: Ball of Fire, by Kanfer - page 334 (Harrison) - no typo....yaYYYYYYYY

Just checked MY copy of the book and it says PATTY. No it doesn't, just kidding. Honey, most books have so few facts of dates and names and so on, yours will have lots because yours is so much more detailed, like I said before, nobody has ever attempted such a gargantuan task before, hence the problem, expect a lot more. I found a book of mine yesterday had an erratum slip at the end and so many things were listed, imagine how many YOURS with all those dates and such will have.

Given the book referenced (oy!) I'm inclined to think it was simply a typo/typesetting error, easily missed in proofing since grammatically, it reads fine either way! Given the ORIGINATION (as in photo of magazine cover from which it clearly was originated) is easily verifiable, I stand by my observation: Typo! :lucyshy:

Archived