Lucy A - Z -- I!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay....smarter than me's....and nearly everyone is, how does a 4-year marriage get 'annulled'???? JK

When you discover your ruggedly-handsome husband actually looks like Myron Cohen.

I've never heard the story behind this annulment but must be an interesting one.

Among so many pre-Lucy Gary mysteries.

"He was always working and never caught the top TV show of the fifties"

Really??? Where? What place books comics on a Monday night? From 9 to 9:30 I'll bet the place looked like Xavier Valdez's opening.

On the day of his passing:

Guinn 'Big Boy' Williams, b. 04/26/99 d. 06/06/62

Guinn 'Big Boy' Williams, b. 4/26; actor, 218 films, Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, Muss 'em Up, as 'Red' Cable, 1936; Don't Tell The Wife, as Lazarus Hubert Gregory 'Cupid' Dougal, 1937; as well as William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), co-star, Six Lessons From Madame LaZonga, as Alvin, 1941, dies this date in 1962.

Irene Kamden [Kampton] b. 4/18/22 d. 2/1/98

Irene Kamden, [Kampton] writer, also credited as Irene Kampton, 35 episodes, The Lucy Show, 1962-1967, based on her first Doubleday book, Life Without George 1961, is born this date in 1922.

Ice-a-Box: what Ernie Kovacs wrote at the top of the page before drawing one as part of his "entertainment" in the Ricardo's living room in Connecticut. (Kind of like Pictionary only with real ice cubes as props! :lucythrill: )

Indian Giver (what Ricky is for taking Lucy's Jacques Marcel "dress" back when she cheated on her "hunger strike.")

On the occasion of HER birthday:

Alexis Smith

b. 06/08/21 d. 06/09/93

Alexis Smith,

William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, Gentleman Jim, as Victoria Ware, 1942; with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, and with Lucille Ball, Woman I Love: Beautiful But Funny, 1982; is born this date in 1921.

Iris Adrian (Hostetter)

b. 05/29/12 d. 09/17/94

Iris Adrian (Hostetter), William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, Roxie Hart, as 'Two-Gun' Gertie Baxter, 1942; appears on radio, with Lucille Ball, NBC's, The Abbott and Costello Show, “Abbott and Costello Meet Bugs Bunny and Lucille Ball,” 1943; guest, Desilu Productions', The Lineup “The Deadwood Case”, as Sally McGraw, 1956; as well as Lucille's guest, The Lucy Show, “Lucy Meets the Law”, as Hard Head Hogan, 1967, is born this date in 1912.

Irving Bacon b. 9/6/1893 d. 2/5/65

Irving Bacon, Lucille Ball early-career co-star, United Artists’, The Bowery, 1933, Columbia's, Broadway Bill, 1934; Columbia’s, I’ll Love You Always, 1935; William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), co-star, Paramount Picture's, Miss Fane's Baby Is Stolen, 1934; Frawley co-star, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, 1939; Lucille's co-star, RKO Radio’s, You Can’t Fool Your Wife, 1940; A Girl, A Guy and a Gob, 1941; Look Who’s Laughing, 1941; Frawley co-star, Monsieur Verdoux, 1947; guest, (“I Love Lucy”) “The Marriage License”, as Mr. Willoughby, 1952, and “Ethel’s Home Town”, 1955; as well as Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America “Women's Work”, 1956, is born this date in 1893.

Irene Dunne b. 12/20/1898 d. 9/4/90

Irene Dunne, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) on stage co-star, She's My Baby, 1928; Lucille Ball and Frawley, co-star, uncredited, Roberta, 1935; with Lucille, RKO-Radio, Joy of Living, 1938, as well as with Lucille, each via archival footage, Entertaining the Troops, 1994; is born this date in 1898.

On the occasion of HIS birthday:

William Lundigan b. 06/12/14 d. 12/20/75

William Lundigan, appears as Host, Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, 11 episodes, 1954-57, and Host/Star “A Christmas Carol”, 1954; guest star, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse “K.O. Kitty”, 1958, as well as with Lucille, Hollywood Without Make-Up, 1963, is born this date in 1914.

On the occasion of HER birthday:

Mary Wickes b. 6/13/10 d. 10/22/95

Mary Wickes, an actress ‘gainfully employed’ at the time of her passing, after a career spanning 67 years and 70+ movies; once considered for the role of Ethel Mertz, but, turned it down so as not to harm her long-standing personal friendship with Lucille Ball; appears in 19 Lucy programs; supporting cast member (“I Love Lucy”) “The Ballet”, 1952; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room For Daddy, 8 episodes, 1956-58; appears with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), My Three Sons, “Caribbean Cruise”, 1964; guest, The Lucy Show “Lucy Plays Cleopatra”, “Lucy and the Runaway Butterfly”, “Lucy Puts Out a Fire at the Bank”, and Lucy and Viv Play Softball”, 1963; “Lucy and the Sleeping Beauty”, 1965; “Lucy the Babysitter”, “Lucy and Robert Goulet”, and “Lucy's Mystery Guess”, 1967; (“Here’s Lucy”) “Lucy Goes On Strike”, “Lucy Gets Her Man”, “Lucy and Harry’s Tonsils”, 1969; “Lucy, the Diamond Cutter”, 1970; “Lucy and Her All-Nun Band” 1971; “Lucy’s Big Break”, “Lucy and Eva Gabor Are Hospital Roomies”, 1972; “Lucy Plays Cops and Robbers”, 1973; and “Lucy, The Sheriff”, 1974; Lucy Calls the President, as Millie Baker, 1977, (Mary’s final TV appearance with Lucille); via archival footage, Desilu Productions', (“I Love Lucy”) filmed 1953, released 2007; as well as, appears, via archival footage, GAB Entertainment Working with Lucy: A Conversation With James Brodhead, 2010, is born this date in 1910.

Archived