Lucy A - Z -- I!

Ida Lupino, with then husband Howard Duff, "Lucy's Summer Vacation", The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour (1959)

Miss Lupino went on to direct, including episodic television, one outing considered by Bewitched fans the near "perfect" (and for many fans, one of if not THE favorite) episode, "A is for Aardvark" from Season One, Episode #17.

lucyhehe.JPG

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vincente Minnelli, b. 2/28/03 d. 7/25/86

Vincente Minnelli, husband, Judy Garland and father to their daughter, Liza Minnelli; father/director, and close personal friend of the Arnazes, Director, The Great Ziegfeld, Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), uncredited star, 1936; Director, Ziegfeld Follies, Lucille and William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), co-starring, 1946, and Director, Arnazes, The Long, Long Trailer, 1954; as well as with Lucille and Desi, American Masters: Judy Garland: By Myself, 1983; is born this date in 1903.

Iz Ellison (Lucy Show writer)

Found THIS one as Irving 'Iz' Elinson for your own records....

Irving (Iz) Elinson b. 04/08/07 d. 12/28/67

Irving (Iz) Elinson, writer, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) film, The Lemon Drop Kid, 1951; Desilu Productions’, Angel “Angel's Temper”; Desilu Studios'-filmed, New Comedy Showcase “Johnny Come Lately”, 1960, My Favorite Matian, “Dial M for Martin”, 1964; The Danny Thomas Show four episodes, 1954-1964; as well as writer, The Lucy Show, 12 episodes, 1963-66; is born this date in 1907.

Ira Gershwin b. 12/06/96 d. 08/17/83

Ira Gershwin, Arnazes neighbor; prolific composer, with brother, George; lyrics: Lucille and William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) film, Ziegfeld Follies, “The Babbitt and the Bromide”, 1946; lyrics, 7 songs, uncredited, for A Star Is Born, at which premiere the Arnazes attended with many others, 1954; with Lucille, archivally, That's Entertainment! III, uncredited, having written lyrics: “Fascinating Rhythm”, and “Swing Trot” from 1948, 1994; and with Lucille, archivally, lyrics: “The Man I Love”, and “Embraceable You”, Entertaining the Troops, 1994; as well as with Lucille, each archivally, Hollywood Singing and Dancing: A Musical History - The 1940s: Stars, Stripes and Singing, uncredited, lyrics: “Long Ago and Far Away”, “Strike Up the Band”, and “Make Way for Tomorrow”, 2009, is born this date in 1896.

Imoor, Jacqueline (Mrs. Morton Goldaper #1)

NOW.......THIS IS INTERESTING!

Elder Sister to Kennedy, Sinatra and Giacana 'friend':

Judith Campbell Exner! etc., etc.

Jacqueline Immoor

b. 05/25/31 d. 05/08/85 Stage name: Susan Morrow

Jacqueline Immoor (stage name: Susan Morrow), married (annulled), 1953-57 to Gary Morton, Lucille Ball's second husband; guest, Desilu Productions', Sheriff of Cochise “Helldorado”, as Darlene, 1956; is born this date in 1931.

WOW! Harry, thanks for this tidbit! Loving you, JK

Imoor, Jacqueline (Mrs. Morton Goldaper #1)

I wonder if this is what happened:

Gary and friend the day after the wedding:

Gary: Jackie discovered the Bissell Rug Shampooer in my shower so now she knows and wants to see me without 'it'.

Friend: Well, let's see what you look like.

(Gary takes off his toupee)

Friend: After the annulment you can come and live with us.

Gary: Jackie discovered the Bissell Rug Shampooer in my shower so now she knows and wants to see me without 'it'.

:marionstrong:

Itsy and Bitsy (a name frequently, and mistakenly given to two watermelons in a patch, by acquaintances of many a Lucy fan)

"I DON'T Remember Mama"

Lucy's sarcastic movie suggestion to get a dig in at Kim, who redeems herself by inviting Lucy for the weekend, but THEN spends an evening out on a date leaving Lucy to kill time at Dirty Jacks nursing one cup of coffee all evening.

Okay....smarter than me's....and nearly everyone is, how does a 4-year marriage get 'annulled'???? JK

Irving Brecher, b. 1/17/14 d. 11/17/08

Irving Brecher, Comedy Scriptwriter, Lucille Ball early film-career, DuBarry Was A Lady, and Best Foot Forward, 1943, as well as with Lucille and William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), Ziegfeld Follies, 1946, is born this date in 1914.

Archived