What's My Line?

HarryCarter

Here is Lucy making her sixth and final appearance as the mystery guest on "What's My Line?" She appeared as the mystery guest more than any other person. This is from July 25, 1965.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsAKaWQRi5k

Ginger Rogers and Carol Channing appeared earlier in the episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEIPH7Mz-lw

SIXTH? Really? AND she not only had her Dean Martin hair on but also a beautiful outfit, how nice to not see her in pants during that period, really lovely!!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Really. She was on in February 1954, October 1955 with Desi, January 1961, May 1963 with Bob Hope, March 1965, and here in July 1965. I wonder if she also holds the record for the shortest timespan between appearances with the four months between her March and July 1965 stints.

Really. She was on in February 1954, October 1955 with Desi, January 1961, May 1963 with Bob Hope, March 1965, and here in July 1965. I wonder if she also holds the record for the shortest timespan between appearances with the four months between her March and July 1965 stints.

I think she was told she had been the biggest NAME on Ed Sullivan's show also with her many visits there, so she had this frequency of stays in New York city which also meant everybody in town KNEW when she was there which made her SURPRISE appaearances on What's My Line no surprise to the panel. So, no matter how much she changed her voice, the ovation when she came on, the laughing at everything she said and the fact that everybody knew she was in town meant she rarely fooled the panel for long, LOL! Let's face it, she used the shows to promote herself and her shows and movies but they also used her often as she was the biggest star on television at that time. AND THAT MEANT GREAT RATINGS FOR ANY SHOW THAT HAD HER ON.

I love the one where she was on in the mid-50s where she did her Martian voice. Guess I've seen all her WML appearances now. Wonder why she never went back on that show. Is it because she wasn't in New York that often?

Lack of time i guess, or knowing she could never fool them like i said before, or maybe the show ended?

Archived