THE LUCY SHOW: Season 3 - Coming to DVD on Nov. 30!

Robert13

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if there's any truth to this info regarding Life With Lucy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_With_Lucy#DVD_Realeases

It is unknown when the complete series will be realeased on DVD, and if it will include the unaired episodes. However, many do believe that the Complete Series will follow when Lucille Ball's two previous series The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy are finished with their seasons. The studio will most likely be MPI Home Video, who currently distributes Here's Lucy under the estate of Luciile Ball and Lucille Ball Productions owned by Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz,Jr who have been dealing Here's Lucy, their fathers short lived NBC series The Mothers-In-Law and a few Lucille Ball Specials.

Would love to own all of Lucy TV work on DVD!

Anyone know if there's any truth to this info regarding Life With Lucy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_With_Lucy#DVD_Realeases

Would love to own all of Lucy TV work on DVD!

I think that is pure -- and hopeful -- speculation at this point. Although MPI seems like the most logical distributor, I don't think it is guaranteed because the series is not owned by LBP or Spelling anymore.

I questioned this a while back and someone informed the board that the rights to "Life With Lucy" are actually now held by the Lucy-Desi Museum which seemed odd at the time. Not sure if that's true or what their intentions would be with the show. Although episodes were shown at the recent Lucy Convention. So maybe there is a dvd in the works. It would be great if someone in-the-know could fill us in.

I questioned this a while back and someone informed the board that the rights to "Life With Lucy" are actually now held by the Lucy-Desi Museum which seemed odd at the time. Not sure if that's true or what their intentions would be with the show. Although episodes were shown at the recent Lucy Convention. So maybe there is a dvd in the works. It would be great if someone in-the-know could fill us in.

Aaron Spelling donated his stake in LWL to the Lucy-Desi Museum a year or two before he died.

A very kind and generous "birdie" who happened to score an advance copy of Season Three sent along a great screen grab to compare the picture quality of the new, restored prints compared to the syndicated prints I've used for the logos. I've animated the logo above to show the comparison. Looks fantastic! :HALKING:

A very kind and generous "birdie" who happened to score an advance copy of Season Three sent along a great screen grab to compare the picture quality of the new, restored prints compared to the syndicated prints I've used for the logos. I've animated the logo above to show the comparison. Looks fantastic! :HALKING:

Wow! What a difference - looks great!!! :)

Yeah, that makes two of us!! Mind sharing where you found it?? (If it's within spitting distance, I wouldn't mind making a special trip for it!) tongue.gif

I was visiting relatives in Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving and found it an a FYE there. Are there many FYEs even around anymore? All the ones near me closed a while ago.

I was visiting relatives in Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving and found it an a FYE there. Are there many FYEs even around anymore? All the ones near me closed a while ago.

Ah, I thought for some reason you lived here in LA so hoping it might be here. LOL

I do have one near me though so I'll go scope it out tomorrow. Thanks!

Archived