"Lucy" Round Robin

Let's put our heads together and see if we can all contribute to a big Lucy plot! I'll start, and someone pick up where I leave off:

Lucy & Ethel are walking down the sidewalk in Manhattan when Lucy spies a bundle of money on the ground. Snatching it up, she and Ethel stare wide eyed at $1,000 in $50 bills. Remembering that dress in Hanson's she saw the other day, Lucy suggests to Ethel a shopping spree, but Ethel insists the money needs to be turned in. Lucy thinks it over and decides to...

... do the right thing. Reluctantly walking towards the police station, Lucy glances into a store window, stops, & backs up hurriedly, dragging Ethel with her. She peeks furtively through the edge of the window, being careful not to be seen by the people inside.

"Look, Ethel!" she exclaims, pointing into the store. "It's Ricky & Fred!"

"Ricky & Fred? Why in the world would they be in there?"

Unbeknownst to Lucy & Ethel, Ricky & Fred are ...

(Let's keep it clean, people. Pretty please? :) )

... do the right thing. Reluctantly walking towards the police station, Lucy glances into a store window, stops, & backs up hurriedly, dragging Ethel with her. She peeks furtively through the edge of the window, being careful not to be seen by the people inside.

"Look, Ethel!" she exclaims, pointing into the store. "It's Ricky & Fred!"

"Ricky & Fred? Why in the world would they be in there?"

Unbeknownst to Lucy & Ethel, Ricky & Fred are ...

(Let's keep it clean, people. Pretty please? :) )

...in deep conversation with the shopkeeper about re-obtaining Ethel's mother's flatware, which Fred had pawned a week ago behind Ethel's back to pay an overdue bill. The girls have no knowledge of this, but looking up they discover that the store is a pawn shop. Lucy then spies a mink stole hanging behind the counter, and immediately jumps to the conclusion that it's hers and Ricky has just hawked it. Consumed with rage, she forgets all about the found money, stuffing it absently into her purse. With nary a glance at Ethel she...

...in deep conversation with the shopkeeper about re-obtaining Ethel's mother's flatware, which Fred had pawned a week ago behind Ethel's back to pay an overdue bill. The girls have no knowledge of this, but looking up they discover that the store is a pawn shop. Lucy then spies a mink stole hanging behind the counter, and immediately jumps to the conclusion that it's hers and Ricky has just hawked it. Consumed with rage, she forgets all about the found money, stuffing it absently into her purse. With nary a glance at Ethel she...

With nary a glance at Ethel, she turns on her heel and marches back up the street to Filmore & Sons, a new neighbourhood lawyer's office. Lucy takes a hold of the doorknob, and before turning it she notices Ethel is still standing there slackjawed not sure just where to look. Lucy marches back down, grabs Ethel by the collar of the coat and the two go into the lawyer's office. From there, Lucy marches straight up to the secretary's desk and says, "I want...

... to know how much it would cost to draw up some fake divorce papers!"

"Oh Lucy!" Ethel cried, "You can't be serious!"

"You bet I'm serious! I'm going to scare that peso pinching husband of mine but good!"

The clerk behind the counter held up one finger & continued his telephone conversation. After finishing & hanging up, he apologized for keeping the women waiting. He was a little man who bore a striking resemblance to their friend Mario, the Italian gondolier. And he was obviously upset.

"Something terrible has happened -- I'm afraid I cannot conduct any more business until after the police leave."

"Police?" asked Lucy,looking around the room. "There's no one here but the three of us."

"Oh, but they're on their way." said the Mario lookalike. "That's who I was just talking to. I've been robbed! Earlier today I pawned my Aunt Tillie's mink stole for $1,000 in the shop down the street & then went to lunch. I just checked my coat pocket & the money is gone!"

Lucy & Ethel exchanged a horrified glance and then ...

Archived